NFL News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

So call your Senator and tell them to pass immigration legislation so immigrants have a pathway to citizenship and aren't forced into deciding between schitty and schittier and can choose "safe and legal" instead and we can avoid all of this. Including the tiny, tiny, TINY issue of unvaccinated immigrants (which is obviously not what this administration wants).

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Just now, incognito_man said:

You're assuming I meant completely unregulated. I never said or implied that. Even the most basic legislation that allows for a pathway for highly skilled workers ALREADY here can't get approval...

Have you seen the jackass policy that we have for getting highly skilled workers here? You and I are in similar fields. You've seen your employers or your competitors abuse the **** out of H1B visas so they can pay Indian Engineers 70% of what they would have to pay an American. 

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

Michael Silver -   I'm told the Wentz foot injury involves a bone and a ligament... Colts had been hoping for better news, are bracing for possible surgery.

I'm also told that Wentz felt a 'pop' at practice Thursday

Means he’ll probably be in GB soon.  I guess we’ve got the premier “foot guy” in the country. (Not talking about the pervs on this board)

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

Means he’ll probably be in GB soon.  I guess we’ve got the premier “foot guy” in the country. (Not talking about the pervs on this board)

Who you talking about? Andrews? I thought he was strictly a knee guy.

28 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I thought Rex Ryan was the premier 'foot guy'. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Who you talking about? Andrews? I thought he was strictly a knee guy.

Dr. Robert Anderson. He’s been in GB after years in NC.  Guys come in all the time to see him, including Milwaukee Buck Donte DiVencenzo very recently. I guess he’s the best, second to Rex Ryan of course. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28212594/foot-injury-hundreds-nfl-players-means-trip-green-bay

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

Rotoworld - Lions coach Dan Campbell referred to D'Andre Swift and Jamaal Williams as a "one-two punch."

“It’s a one-two punch,” Campbell said. “We’re going to use both of those guys, they know that. A guy gets a hot hand, he’s rolling. If Jamaal is in there, we’re rolling. Jamaal is going to be rolling, and we’ll use Swift for other things. Which is fine. That’s a good problem to have. I’m glad we got him, I know that.” For what it's worth, OC Anthony Lynn also said he'd "ride the hot hand at running back" when asked about their roles earlier this spring.

Rotoworld -  Broncos coach Vic Fangio said there has been "no separation" in the quarterback battle between Drew Lock and Teddy Bridgewater so far.

Lock ended Friday's practice with a 45-yard touchdown to K.J. Hamler but Bridgewater has reportedly been the more accurate passer (especially in the red zone) through Denver's first few practices. It's an ongoing battle that will likely last until the end of the summer, eventually benefitting whomever earns the nod since the Broncos are quietly projected to face the league's softest schedule of opposing pass defenses this year. It remains an important battle to monitor for Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, Noah Fant, etc.

///

There's no truth to reports that Fangio said: "It's okay...we're just waiting on Rodgers"

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

The mermaid himself.  I still hold out hope that he will make his way back to us, even if we don’t deserve it. 

If I'm reading this right, he didnt sign for an arm & a leg with DET: 

2021 - 1.625M
2022 - 4.375M
DET can let him go in 2022 and take a 1.625 dead cap hit.
He's UFA again in 2023

2 hours ago, Refugee said:

Dr. Robert Anderson. He’s been in GB after years in NC.  Guys come in all the time to see him, including Milwaukee Buck Donte DiVencenzo very recently. I guess he’s the best, second to Rex Ryan of course.

Adam Schefter -  Carson Wentz and the Colts are waiting for Dr. Robert Anderson to review scans of the quarterback’s injured foot, per source. Once Anderson sees the scans, they will have a better idea of how long Wentz will be sidelined. At this time, it is not expected to be season-ending.