NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, 15412 said:

No, it is simply a fact.  I do NOT blame the illegals, I blame the sponsor.  They are not located south of us.

Fwiw, I'm with you, to some degree, on harsher penalties for those employing them...

Just now, 15412 said:

And then he finds out it isn't!  Brilliant!

Maybe I can't read, but that doesn't say all those 300k got in? Honest question. Sounds like they were turned back? Man I don't know why I care now lol

Just now, Norm said:

Maybe I can't read, but that doesn't say all those 300k got in? Honest question. Sounds like they were turned back? Man I don't know why I care now lol

you can read. he cannot.

his claim of "millions" of unvaccinated immigrants entering the country that could have been prevented by a wall is just as wrong now as it was when he made it.

he's straight up delusional and cannot read

• Like 2

@Norm

You're also 100% right this is a problem. There's a reason encounters are up after a certain administration lost power. It's just so backward because that side of aisle complains constantly about the issue while actively preventing a real solution. They literally want to keep the problem going for political talking points. 

Legislation has been sitting in the Senate for a decade now that could solve 99% of this. 

But solving a problem eliminates political capital for them, so they refuse to fix it exactly so they can keep complaining about it.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, 15412 said:

What I posted above are facts.  Can you do math?  What percentage are not "encountered"?  You can start here.  The numbers https://www.immigrationreform.com/2021/03/11/border-encounters-hit-record-highs-immigrationreform-com/ are from the CBP.  There are many other links as well but the same numbers, coming from the CBP

Peer reviewed!   Sheep love peer reviewed!  Richard Lindzen has been peer reviewed hundreds of times but the Algorians still won't trust science if it doesn't match their politics!

A wall alone could not PREVENT invasion but it is one of the important factors.  Nobody said it would prevent it.  A wall along with deals with southern countries along with enhanced border patrol and enforcing present laws are all vital pieces to greatly LIMIT illegal invasion.  And that was in the process of being done.  Bottom line, the problem at the southern border could be fixed with a pen in my opinion.  Enforcement of present law along with a scorched earth policy for any employer hiring an illegal.  But that's for another day.

And the NFL wants a mask mandate....let the lawsuits begin.

Your math would require at least seven times those numbers in the first five months to be "millions". That would be twice as high as the 900k estimated undetected entries for the ENTIRETY of 2006 (the previous estimated high). This would be about 1/5 of the current estimated undocumented population in this country.

It's astounding that someone would bring up the whole sheep insult again and then use someone who has been extremely wrong about many things as some kind of grand example in the same sentence. 

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

you can read. he cannot.

his claim of "millions" of unvaccinated immigrants entering the country that could have been prevented by a wall is just as wrong now as it was when he made it.

he's straight up delusional and cannot read

It really is nice when folks out themselves are gullible fools. The moment you see the word "sheep" used unironically and "Richard Lindzen" mentioned as any kind of credible expert, you know you're dealing with someone who is almost certainly far beyond help.

*edit - I'd also use harsher terms for what a lot of these folks actually are, but I'm trying to be slightly nice right now. Plus, they get all whiny when you call them on it.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

Fwiw, I'm with you, to some degree, on harsher penalties for those employing them...

how about no penalties for anyone and a straightforward path to citizenship instead?

people don't want to be illegal already

Implementing penalties for something people already don't want will not result in a solution. Allowing people to do something EVERYBODY wants makes just way too much sense - which is why it isn't happening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

if we're actually somehow paying this dude > 8m lol 

I would hope that some part of this deal incorporates the texans taking on some of the guaranteed salary since they probably want to move on anyway. Cobb's entire 2021 salary is guaranteed, it would cost the Texans $12m to cut him, but only $10m to keep him.  Maybe they see it as a salary dump and hopefully pay something like half the salary so we are only stuck with the other half. Not even sure if that's something you can do in a trade tbh