Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

4 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Wolves gave up a 50-13 run over 14 minutes.

From up 25 with 15 minutes left, to down 12 with 12 seconds left. In a playoff game.

#MNSports

It was tuff to watch and totally kills the momentum from game 1, hopefully we can tie the series. Unfortunately I think this is why Butler wasn't happy here, the defensive effort gets real laxed. 

Memphis in 5. No way the Wolves come back after that. 

Terrible coaching. KAT doing KAT things (not in a good way). I don't think Ant drove the lane 3 times the entire game. 

It was incredibly disappointing to watch, but I was most disappointed in Ant. KAT is what he is at this point. He's a stats player who isn't a leader and wilts in big spots. Ant is the most athletic player on either team and he was content to pick up his dribble outside of the 3 point line and pass to Beverly or someone else to make something happen. He should have driven the lane, drawn contact, got a few FTs and disrupted the Grizzlies' pace. He's only 20, and maybe he'll get there, but that should be drilled into his head by Finch. This team only goes as far as Ant can carry them. 

Embarassing and I was only following the gamecast online for the 4th mostly. 

How do you not call a timeout once it becomes a 10-0 run?

On a more positive note, Wild got another W. They're going to have to figure out how to pay Fiala. You simply cannot let him walk.

Wild with another OT win against the Predators last night. They remain tied for 2nd with the Blues but still have the game in hand.

Wolves tie it up 2-2, crazy that it could be 3-1. I'm sure the Target Center will be rocking for Game 6 on Friday night!

Buxton wills the Twins to victory in extra innings yesterday after starting 0-3.

• Like 2

Sucks the Wild lost Spurg for what may be the rest of the season Not having 2 days off in a row for how long is really starting to takes it toll

Flowers has been a bit shaky which is a little concerning if you ask me

As said before we gotta keep Fiala with the way hes been playing it starts with trading Dumba and Talbot next year among many other ways of making it work. Wild play the Yotes next, Blues play he Avs

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Loons win 3-0, and Lil Loons up 3-0 at half. Another great weekend for the club.

EDIT: MNUFC2 finished 4-0, with appearances from U19 academy players Carlos Leatherman and David Garcia.

First time at Allianz, it was a great time. Got some dirty looks for wearing my Liverpool Shaqiri scarf though.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 7:52 PM, SemperFeist said:

KAT is a liability in big games. 

He was the best player on the floor on Saturday. He lets the refs take him out of the game too often either byway of legitimate fouls or just letting them into his head, but he channeled some anger into the right approach with em on Saturday. When he's on, he's elite. Gotta keep that same energy tomorrow night. People saying to blow it up after games 2 and 3 clearly didn't watch enough this year though. Team has the potential to be special, but almost the whole roster needs to take another step or two in their development next year. 

6 hours ago, Riddle said:

He lets the refs take him out of the game too often either byway of legitimate fouls or just letting them into his head

Which happens the majority of the time. Hence why he’s a liability. 

KAT was the best player in the court Saturday. Sadly, that’s not the norm for him. And his game controlling performances are so sporadic that he can’t be counted on to deliver.