Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

8 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

That is so wildly shortsighted and untrue. Teams are built on depth, which is found up and down the draft in both rounds. 2nd round picks are very valuable.

So, then why do people often call them worthless, like meix did above you?  And if they were valuable, why do they get traded so often?

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

So, then why do people often call them worthless, like meix did above you?  And if they were valuable, why do they get traded so often?

Idk, but the 2 time reigning MVP was a 2nd round pick, and the Warriors championship runs have been fueled by guys picked outside of the top 5. I could make multiple championship level rosters out of 2nd round picks currently playing in the NBA. 

They are lottery tickets, that's why you package a bunch of them together to acquire an asset from a team that's selling. The selling team wants as many opportunities to find talent as possible.

The NBA is different in that 1 guy can shift the entire balance of power for a team, but those teams that are very top heavy rarely work out. The NBA is about fit, chemistry, and an owner's willingness to pay their own guys. As a Bulls fan, Jerry Reinsdorf find new ways to send me into a rage every year 😆

26 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

As a Bulls fan, Jerry Reinsdorf find new ways to send me into a rage every year 😆

That doesn't surprise me, especially when you look at the White Sox as well.  I'm not even a fan of either and he would drive me nuts way back when.  

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That doesn't surprise me, especially when you look at the White Sox as well.  I'm not even a fan of either and he would drive me nuts way back when.  

My Chicago teams are the Bulls and Blackhawks.

JR simply does not care about winning. It's strictly about profit for him. As long as people keep going to games and the teams get lucky enough to give the fan base hope for a couple of seasons a decade, he's never going to change. Sell the team to a competitive billionaire, please. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...