Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

The Wild are within striking distance of the #1 seed in the West. To do that with Kaprizov sidelined is quite a feat. Hopefully they can keep their momentum going and make a deep run into the playoffs. Boston might just be too good for anyone to overcome this season though. Regardless, Boldy and Kaprizov give them a great core to build around. I'm hoping Wallstedt can make the jump next year to at least be the #2 Goalie. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Royce Lewis, Alex Kiriloff, Jorge Polanco, and even Brooks Lee are pretty good guys and they aren’t on opening day. The year should be fun. 

If AK can ever be healthy, this team could be good. I think Royce is your starting CF at some point, with Buck mostly DHing....Obviously, a productive Polanco is huge, and Lee looks like a future star....Plus, they have three legit SP in AAA, imo, if not five of them.

4 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

If AK can ever be healthy, this team could be good. I think Royce is your starting CF at some point, with Buck mostly DHing....Obviously, a productive Polanco is huge, and Lee looks like a future star....Plus, they have three legit SP in AAA, imo, if not five of them.

With Prielipp and Raya not far behind.

it’s really interesting that they’ve taken a versatility approach to dealing with injury prone players. The ability to move guys around and rest them when necessary is a pretty good idea when they have explosive talent that hasn’t been reliable.

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

With Prielipp and Raya not far behind.

it’s really interesting that they’ve taken a versatility approach to dealing with injury prone players. The ability to move guys around and rest them when necessary is a pretty good idea when they have explosive talent that hasn’t been reliable.

That's why Farmer is there, and not Urshela, for example. Nick Gordon fits the role also. And apparently Gallo, if he hits. They definitely went for depth this year. If either pitcher you mention hits their ceiling, that would be huge. 

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

Elite hockey minds. Where would Nyquist slot in?

Im not an elite hockey mind by ANY means but by the process of elimination i would think somewhere on the 3rd line. You arent breaking up the Kap-Hart-Zucc line, you also cannot break up the chemistry that the 2nd line has developed between MarJo-Ek-Boldy, And i think hes way too skilled to be put on the 4th line. Quality problem to have and hopefully he can help out the PP. Maybe he takes Sundqvist's spot on the 3rd line and Sunny drops down to the 4th?

Edited by Sad People
  • Like 2