Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

19 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

What kind of trade value would Martin have? Would we be selling low at this point?  Hopefully they can trade for a decent pitcher yet

He's not a centerpiece of a deal at this point. You'd be looking at Lee, Lewis, Rodriguez or Miranda if you wanted to build a deal for an ace. I don't think they have the juice to get that done.

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

He's not a centerpiece of a deal at this point. You'd be looking at Lee, Lewis, Rodriguez or Miranda if you wanted to build a deal for an ace. I don't think they have the juice to get that done.

Would they be better off waiting until the trade deadline?

I don't think they'd ever trade for a true ace but maybe a solid number 2 and hope that Ryan keeps developing into the ace

Edited by vikesfan89

I'm not the most religious person in the world, but I've felt that a lot.  You end up where you're meant to be.  What I do know of that team is that they need leadership, which I understand he can deliver.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

Would they be better off waiting until the trade deadline?

I don't think they'd ever trade for a true ace but maybe a solid number 2 and hope that Ryan keeps developing into the ace

Ryan is a high end 3 low end 2 at best. He just doesn't have the stuff. You can go a long way with a bunch of those guys, though.

Something like Pablo Lopez, Sonny Gray, Tyler Mahle, Joe Ryan, and Winder/Maeda/Ober/Varland can be a very competitive pitching staff. Not dominant, but highly competitive. Having Correa and Buxton up the middle will help a lot, too.

• Like 1

I will definitely miss Arraez; a one trick pony, but it was a damn good, and often entertaining, trick.  Hopefully this means someone like Brooks Lee will prove himself quickly.

Until then there are worse infields than Miranda - Correa - Polanco - Kiriloff (with Farmer as the utility guy)

Edited by RpMc