Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

The Twins have had interest in Carlos Correa throughout the process. They wouldn't have offered as big a deal as they did originally. I like this move for the Twins. I'm assuming line-up looks something like:

1. Arraez 1B
2. Buxton CF
3. Correa SS
4. Miranda 3B
5. Gallo DH
6. Larnach LF
7. Wallner RF/Kiriloff RF
8. Jeffers C/Vazquez C
9. Polanco 2B

Bench of:
Kiriloff/Kepler/Vazquez/Farmer

Something liek that anyways. But I'd not be shocked if they moved one of those OF's or two even to get a pitcher. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

The Twins have had interest in Carlos Correa throughout the process. They wouldn't have offered as big a deal as they did originally. I like this move for the Twins. I'm assuming line-up looks something like:

1. Arraez 1B
2. Buxton CF
3. Correa SS
4. Miranda 3B
5. Gallo DH
6. Larnach LF
8. Jeffers C/Vazquez C
9. Polanco 2B

Bench of:

Something liek that anyways. But I'd not be shocked if they moved one of those OF's or two even to get a pitcher. 

No way larnach plays in the field and Gallo is DH. Gallo is an elite defender. Also, you left Gordon off the bench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

1. Arraez 1B
2. Buxton CF
3. Correa SS
4. Miranda 3B
5. Gallo DH
6. Larnach LF
8. Jeffers C/Vazquez C
9. Polanco 2B

Bench of:

Where would Royce Lewis slot in after he returns from injury?

12 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I expect Polanco to get moved possibly still this off-season, move Arraez to 2nd

That is not a good idea, IMO. Polanco is an iron man, productive, reasonably priced, and a much better fielder.

when Lewis comes back I think I see the lineup as

Arraez DH/1B
Buxton CF
Correa SS
Miranda 1B/DH
Polanco 2B
Gallo RF
Lewis 3B
Larnach LF
Vazquez/Jeffers C

Bench: Gordon, Kirilloff, Kepler, Farmer

I’d guess that Arraez and Kepler are moved before Polanco.

Polanco did miss a chunk of time last year, and in 2019, so Iron Man doesn't seem quite right for him. But beyond that, he'd older, which might make him harder to move. There is less team control on him than there is for Arraez, which might make him harder to move, but also might mean the Twins try and move him. I think that Polanco and Arraez, one of the two is likely, I'd just prefer it to be Polanco with what he brings to the table. And I definitely expect Kepler to be moved.

5 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Polanco did miss a chunk of time last year, and in 2019, so Iron Man doesn't seem quite right for him. But beyond that, he'd older, which might make him harder to move. There is less team control on him than there is for Arraez, which might make him harder to move, but also might mean the Twins try and move him. I think that Polanco and Arraez, one of the two is likely, I'd just prefer it to be Polanco with what he brings to the table. And I definitely expect Kepler to be moved.

Maybe not iron man, but he’s tough and plays a lot of games. Perhaps he’s moved at the deadline if Lewis is headed in the right direction for an infield of Miranda, Lewis, Correa, Lee.

I don’t want to see Arraez anywhere other than first.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Has there been a report of what issue(s) the Giants and Mets had with his physicals?

Something to do with his ankle. I wonder if there's some kind of deteriorating issue. That would explain the vesting options based on PA: