Eagles vs Patriots SBLII GDT

Nabbs4u

What insanity. Props to the people who predicted a shootout. I am equally in shock by the fact that the Foles and the Eagles beat Brady and the Patriots in a shootout where our defense did not show up, than I am that we actually won the SB. I would have taken any SB W, but doing it against the GOAT QB, GOAT coach, and an all time great sports dynasty, definitely makes it a bit sweeter. Wow, this is surreal.

13 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Kind of late in his career...but would like to see him a season with out him...

If bill hates TB12 so much....then he should retire

Since when does Bill hate him?

Just now, TomRalph said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/04/eagles-trick-play-touchdown-may-have-been-an-illegal-formation/

"The Eagles took a 22-12 lead into halftime at Super Bowl LII thanks to a fourth-and-goal trick play that saw quarterback Nick Foles catch a touchdown pass. But that play may have come out of an illegal formation."

God, I am so salty xD

Don't do it, man. You know if the tables were turned and the Patriots got the TDs that Clement and Ertz got, that the board would be filled with 50 pages of people crying about the refs. Don't be like that. The refs were fine, and the Eagles deserved the win.

People say that Malcolm Butler is bad.  I think during the game it said he started 18 games this season (tonight being the only game he didn't start).  So the coaching staff just came to the realization tonight that Butler is a bad player?  LOL

Butler got benched because he did something to get benched, it's not because he's bad.  

Just now, showtime said:

People say that Malcolm Butler is bad.  I think during the game it said he started 18 games this season (tonight being the only game he didn't start).  So the coaching staff just came to the realization tonight that Butler is a bad player?  LOL

Butler got benched because he did something to get benched, it's not because he's bad.  

He's also bad. 

Man, I said I saw a 27-24 PHI win with PHI being better in the trenches and Pederson's coaching narrowing the gap between BB and others in prior games - but didn't see this coming.

Other than running Blount on 3rd down to seal the game, and Pederson's going to the Jeffery-Gilmore well 3x where it was clear Gilmore got the better of that matchup, and yet they kept going there in crucial situations, Pederson had a stellar, elite-level HC performance.   That 4th down call to Foles was genius, and the stones to go on 4th and 1 from his own 45, realizing that the D's weren't stopping the O's, was stuff that legends are made of.  He's not perfect (as he still likes to use guys who are inferior choices in key situations, Jeffery over Ertz/Agholor, Blount <and earlier Sproles> in RZ/short-yardage, etc.) - but he's cemented his place as an elite-level HC.   

Before I get to the Eagles' players, hats off to the Pats, especially Brady/Gronk/Hogan, who balled out after Cooks went out.   They didn't have enough to win this year, but man, you can't pin this loss on them - their D had no answers, plain and simple.   The first SB team to never punt...and lose, IIRC.

As for Foles, he did everything that was asked - and while I don't see PHI parting ways (because he showed the value of having a usable backup when your star QB goes down), this will guarantee him 4-5 more years of 4-5M backup contracts for 2019-202x minimum.    Really happy for him.    Gotta say Ertz came up huge (he & Kelce ready to take the elite tier title with Gronk for years to come), Agholor (huuge 4Q drive-sustaining catch) and Clement were fantastic today.   Hats off to the O.   On the D, well, they didn't get the inside pressure, but came up with just enough big plays - big hats off to Brandon Graham for that tide-turning play.  

Most of all, I tip my cap to the Eagles team, Pederson and Howie Roseman - they were the best team for the entire season, and survived a crippling blow to their all-world QB Wentz.  Only complete teams do that.  They earned the SB52 title.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Malcom Butler is by no means bad. Something had to happen for him not to play.  

2 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Don't do it, man. You know if the tables were turned and the Patriots got the TDs that Clement and Ertz got, that the board would be filled with 50 pages of people crying about the refs. Don't be like that. The refs were fine, and the Eagles deserved the win.

Don't worry man, I got it. I still don't think we deserved to win. There'll be a ton of these crappy little articles picking at every play. 

Archived