Nintendo Switch Thread

32 minutes ago, Woz said:

Thanks for the link, @showtime. Will be interesting to see how the games will spec out different on the different platforms.

Some people are saying that the 'pro version' might have the same chip set found in the current Switch, but it will just have a bigger screen and other things like that.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Some people are saying that the 'pro version' might have the same chip set found in the current Switch, but it will just have a bigger screen and other things like that.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Interesting. I wonder how a bigger screen would work with the form factor of the JoyCons.

35 minutes ago, showtime said:

vrVicu7.jpg

Ah ... thank you. *is visual person* 

Looks like nothing to worry about if you have a Switch already (unless you are hardcore gamer or must have the newest of everything).

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Ah ... thank you. *is visual person* 

Looks like nothing to worry about if you have a Switch already (unless you are hardcore gamer or must have the newest of everything).

That's just a mockup someone made.  No telling if that's how it'll actually look, just fyi.

Some people are worried about Switch pro exclusives because I believe Nintendo did that with the 3DS when they upgraded it.  They just such bad feedback from doing that, I don't think they would do it again.  Plus, if they did, they'd be losing out on millions upon millions of sales since it was reported by Nintendo the Switch has sold over 32 million units.

I think this might impact 3rd party companies, though, if the console were actually more powerful.

But if they do go with a Switch Pro version, that's actually good because it means they're sticking with the Switch for years to come instead of making a brand new console - which is the right move by Nintendo.

1 minute ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Ahh, makes sense. I thought the rights belonged to Sony. Hopefully our SMRPG2 will be coming soon

I think the exclusivity deal with Sony died a few years ago (12 was maybe the last one?).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Ahh, makes sense. I thought the rights belonged to Sony. Hopefully our SMRPG2 will be coming soon

Sometimes studios make exclusive games for a console.  Example - FromSoftware, the makers of Dark Souls and most recently Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, made Bloodbourne exclusively for the PS4.

Today at PAX East people were able to play Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch.  The game got pushed back for the Switch (coming out April for everyone else; May for the Switch).

Nintendo is not allowing any video or pictures of the game, but from impressions of people who have played it.  This is not a final build of the game and was only playable on handheld, but people are saying the game was 60 FPS in handheld mode.

That's the biggest thing people were wondering about.

32 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

When are they gonna announce the release date for Animal Crossing, my gf won't stop asking lol

I would suspect that will be announced in the next Nintendo Direct ... maybe the next ND is next month, but if I were going to put money on the line, I'd say it would be announced in May.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

I would suspect that will be announced in the next Nintendo Direct ... maybe the next ND is next month, but if I were going to put money on the line, I'd say it would be announced in May.

E3 or April, given it's probably their Holiday title expect it at E3. 

Nintendo isn't gonna do a may direct when they can save that for E3.