Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Will see who gets cut at TE, I would not mind bringing in Jacob Breeland or Marcus Baugh or Cary Angeline.  The Patriots already cut Warring who was cut earlier by the Texans so he is on the table also.  Hell Kelvin Benjamin maybe but he is not a great blocker.  Dax Raymond is another young guy I would not mind bringing in to see.  

Is awesome news for Brandon Dillon he will for sure stick around and probably make the active roster because of this.  

Edited by Ozzy

10 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Kyle Lauletta was released by the Browns, would love to cut Browning and get Lauletta as the 2nd or 3rd QB for the Vikings.

Why?

34 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Why?

My thought is that it is because Browning doesn't appear to be a QB worth having on the roster. That makes it worth grabbing someone else to give a shot to. I support replacing Browning with someone else.

I don't know much about the proposed candidate, but I doubt he's the right guy either. I would rather the team wait and see if a veteran is cut that would be a better backup.

34 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Why?

He throws great on the move especially rolling to his opposite side, is a very solid play action QB and on bootleg plays.  Has good velocity on his passes, is a big tall kid who is clearly athletic and makes plays.  Has had a solid preseason, is a competitive kid and has a good command of the huddle.  Most of all he is better than freaking Stanley and especially is better than Browning.  So if the Vikings are thinking of keeping three QBs I would rather have him than those two, also Kyle has played in a very similar offense as well with the Browns.

Mond did look way better this last preseason game which is great but I would not have for them to bring in another guy just in case they want Mond to sit and learn more instead of lose his confidence by being asked to play earlier than he should.

Colby Gossett was also cut by the Browns, would not mind bringing him in possibly as a backup guard, he looked ok at times in the preseason and has good size.  

2 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

My thought is that it is because Browning doesn't appear to be a QB worth having on the roster. That makes it worth grabbing someone else to give a shot to. I support replacing Browning with someone else.

I don't know much about the proposed candidate, but I doubt he's the right guy either. I would rather the team wait and see if a veteran is cut that would be a better backup.

True a veteran would be great but not sure that is exactly going to happen, unless one calls a Sean Mannion type a great veteran to have around, I would not.  Doubt any solid vets get cut but who knows.  Also Lauletta was one of the best 3rd QB I saw in the preseason this year, not many teams have a 3rd QB like him just sitting around.  Granted Dobbs might be cut by the Steelers but I like Lauletta more than Dobbs is Dobbs is the so call veteran out there.  Also the Jaguars were going to cut someone but I assume keep Lawrence, Beathard and Luton and have already traded Minshew.