Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

4 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Jones would be a nice veteran to have around in case injuries pile up or Elflein plays poorly. But who do they cut? I’ll still say that Abdullah isn’t worth keeping around for his role so I’d start there.

Abdullah did get some playing time in 3rd down last week. That's probably what I'd do but I think he's safe

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

a few more details. 

Before Alwxander’s injury, I’d have said Fields or Boyd, but now I think it’ll be Watts. There’s not really a need for 6 DTs, let alone a 3rd/4th nose tackle. 

I understand why they are so deep at DT. Could be a lot of changes next year so you’d hate to lose a player like Watts, who looked good in preseason. 

But CB is looking thin with Hughes and Hill out and Alexander nursing an injury. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Jones would be a nice veteran to have around in case injuries pile up or Elflein plays poorly. But who do they cut? I’ll still say that Abdullah isn’t worth keeping around for his role so I’d start there.

Judging by snap counts he's one of the more regular special teamers. 

I didn't see this officially posted anywhere, even though I saw it earlier.

Mackensie Alexander doesn’t need surgery, and the Vikings won’t have to make a roster move for him either.

According to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, the Vikings cornerback will not need surgery for his dislocated elbow, which means he  should avoid going on injured reserve.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/10/mackensie-alexander-doesnt-need-elbow-surgery/

He may still be out a couple of weeks or so.

• Like 1