Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

13 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I feel like they should have a shot after how well the last one went but I wouldn't hold my breath

I wouldn't either, but they won't get it if they don't continually offer to host it.  If they do get one of them, it'd be nice to get the 2030 game, since that will have been 70 years since they were awarded the franchise.  God, I'll be old then....but if this site is still here, I'll probably still be posting.  xD

Edited by swede700

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I wouldn't either, but they won't get it if they don't continually offer to host it.  If they do get one of them, it'd be nice to get the 2030 game, since that will have been 70 years since they were awarded the franchise.  God, I'll be old then....but if this site is still here, I'll probably still be posting.  xD

The supposed appeal of pumping tax payer funds to support this project was to host big events like the Super Bowl, I'd like to believe that would mean MN would get to host more than one in a 15 year span. That goes for other big sporting events too. I just hope it wasn't a one time deal and merely the NFL showcasing state of the art stadiums across the country. I'm sure it will go back to Miami or New Orleans regularly, eventually throw in LA and maybe Vegas every other year too, after they cycle through the new stadiums.

9 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Minnesota will always be a long shot for additional Super Bowls. The weather here in February simply isn’t conducive. The SuperDome is a craphole, but you’ll never have to worry about blizzards in New Orleans. 

By 2030, climate change will make it feel like New Orleans in February.  xD

14 minutes ago, swede700 said:

By 2030, climate change will make it feel like New Orleans in February.  xD

Some would leave you to believe that the world is ending in 12 years, I think we've officially got bigger things to worry about than where the super bowl is hosted. May as well cancel sports. 😆

8 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

The Vikings should be focused on getting the draft. 

It doesn’t have the pomp and circumstance as the Super Bowl, but it brings in more people. 

plus there is the small detail of likely never getting the superbowl again in our lifetimes or until another stadium is built

Now the Vikings have no money but might come into some if they trade Treadwell and or cut Kline etc.

So who they go after that is a Free Agent currently?  With the 3rd WR issue I think Pierre Garcon would be a nice pickup if he is healthy, and has experience with Kirk.  Also I would not mind Brandon LaFell but honestly is he even better than Treadwell is right now, probably not.  Kelvin Benjamin has huge upside and is a big huge body but not sure they bring him in, heck I would try him at TE the kid is a huge WR at 240 6-5.  Dez Bryant is probably a total no just because of the circus around him, heck Stacy Coley I did not mind on the Vikings but they already got rid of him once down he returns, or Justin Hunter but again is he even better than Treadwell.

Two others would be Michael Johnson, Zimmer knows him and he is a big DE who can play and is a vet, but might not need to if Odenigbo keeps playing well.  Or probably most importantly Brent Grimes, if he is healthy I would take him over Benwikere all day if healthy.

PS Blair Walsh signed with the Falcons so good for him to get another shot at it all.

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

or cut Kline

Kline's cap number is $3.1M this year, but that increases to $7.25M if he's released. He's not going anywhere.

I could see them having some interest in Garcon, given his experience and previous success with Cousins. Could probably get him for vet minimum. 

• Like 2

Just now, Krauser said:

Kline's cap number is $3.1M this year, but that increases to $7.25M if he's released. He's not going anywhere.

I could see them having some interest in Garcon, given his experience and previous success with Cousins. Could probably get him for vet minimum. 

Yeah good point, $7.25 of that is guaranteed, but early on looks like that was a total was of a 3 year $15,500,000 contract getting that guy, he could be Mike Remmers 2.0 but cannot be noticed as easily getting beat as a guard.  At least he is playing better than Elflein which is not saying much at all.

Overall they should just keep Treadwell because the WR options around are not good be it on the team or out in the open unless someone very decent gets cut.  Hell Arizona might be cutting some decent WRs potentially.  Cannot imagine they will keep 9 WRs with Fitzgerald, KeeSean Johnson, Pharoh Cooper, Andy Isabella, Byrd, Hakeem Butler, Michael Crabtree, Christian Kirk, Trent Sherfield.  Butler is on IR but again cannot keep the other 8 one would think, I would take any of them outside of Crabtree. 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Or probably most importantly Brent Grimes, if he is healthy I would take him over Benwikere all day if healthy.

Absolutely he’s better, but there is a reason he’s still a free agent also.... part of that is his own circus he puts on along the the circus his wife puts on, on social media. 

47 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Arizona might be cutting some decent WRs potentially.  Cannot imagine they will keep 9 WRs with Fitzgerald, KeeSean Johnson, Pharoh Cooper, Andy Isabella, Byrd, Hakeem Butler, Michael Crabtree, Christian Kirk, Trent Sherfield.  Butler is on IR but again cannot keep the other 8 one would think, I would take any of them outside of Crabtree. 

Most likely they keep 6 in that offense. Guessing the battle is between Cooper, Byrd, and Sherfield. 

Not sure I take any of them over Treadwell, Zylstra, Or Johnson. 

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Absolutely he’s better, but there is a reason he’s still a free agent also.... part of that is his own circus he puts on along the the circus his wife puts on, on social media. 

Most likely they keep 6 in that offense. Guessing the battle is between Cooper, Byrd, and Sherfield. 

Not sure I take any of them over Treadwell, Zylstra, Or Johnson. 

I did not know about Grimes wife, yeah she sounds nuts and way to vocal for her own good.  That is probably a no on him then and explains that.

And sure of course not over all three of them Treadwell, Zylstra and Johnson but I would take one of them Cooper, Sherfield and possibly even Byrd over Johnson and maybe Zylstra.  Cooper has a lot of ability and Byrd looked good against us but maybe that was just Xavier Rhodes being really bad.  Cooper no doubt though, he has explosive ability at WR in the slot.

Johnson I like as a rookie but if he is going to get legit time I like him less, he needs some time to develop and sadly Beebe has not looked like the man as a 3rd WR after showing promise late last year.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:36 PM, wcblack34 said:

Minnesota will always be a long shot for additional Super Bowls. The weather here in February simply isn’t conducive. The SuperDome is a craphole, but you’ll never have to worry about blizzards in New Orleans. 

You're being nice