Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I wonder if the Vikes will entertain an extension for one of the upcoming FAs like Weatherly, Harris, Waynes or Alexander. $6m seems pretty healthy.

It's $6M right now, but they're already projected to be $20+M over next year's cap right now.  Before extending any of them, they'll need to figure out what to do about Everson, Kirk, Riley, and Linval for 2020.  It's reasonable to assume that they'll do something with Weatherly, Harris and Alexander (and maybe even Kearse as well), but Waynes is likely off the table unless they decide to cut ties with Xavier after the year (as his dead money drops dramatically after this year). 

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

It's $6M right now, but they're already projected to be $20+M over next year's cap right now.  Before extending any of them, they'll need to figure out what to do about Everson, Kirk, Riley, and Linval for 2020.  It's reasonable to assume that they'll do something with Weatherly, Harris and Alexander (and maybe even Kearse as well), but Waynes is likely off the table unless they decide to cut ties with Xavier after the year (as his dead money drops dramatically after this year). 

I assume there will be some tough decisions next year to get that cap number down. 

Might be it for Reiff and Griffen. Maybe Joseph too.

It certainly makes the QB search difficult considering there will be some pretty gaping holes on the roster come draft day and I'm not confident we have the OL and DL depth to handle it. Hopefully the season can bring some surprises to alleviate these concerns. 

13 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Yeah he's not better than what we have

Only thing I can think of is are they looking for more depth for the big nickel spot that Kearse has been playing. Otherwise, it seems that GB wanted Jones to play LB. Zimmers Safetys typically need to be steady in coverage.