Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

21 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Love Scott Stapp. I'd take Creed over Pearl Jam everyday.

Creed has two good songs, Higher and With Arms Wide Open.  Pearl Jam has tons of great songs, Yellow Ledbetter, Alive, Daughter, Better Man, Last Kiss, Black, Jeremy, Even Flow, could throw in Hunger Strike from Temple of the Dog etc.  

Would Scott Stapp do this?  The answer is no.  

MealyPracticalGuineapig-small.gif

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Creed has two good songs, Higher and With Arms Wide Open.  Pearl Jam has tons of great songs, Yellow Ledbetter, Alive, Daughter, Better Man, Last Kiss, Black, Jeremy, Even Flow, could throw in Hunger Strike from Temple of the Dog etc.  

Would Scott Stapp do this?  The answer is no.  

MealyPracticalGuineapig-small.gif

False. I've been to plenty of concerts. The singer stopping his singing to do this a waste of my money. 

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

Going to chose to believe this is trolling at this point... good grief.

Mark Tremonti could run circles around any guitar player in Pearl Jam Stone Gossard or Mark McCready. As a guitar player you should be able see Tremonti's genius. Pearl Jam is depressing to me. Creed has a positive message. 

20 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Mark Tremonti could run circles around any guitar player in Pearl Jam Stone Gossard or Mark McCready. As a guitar player you should be able see Tremonti's genius. Pearl Jam is depressing to me. Creed has a positive message. 

As a guitar player I can tell you that that is not true in any capacity. 🤣

scott stapp is a not a positive person, creed’s songs generally stink, imo, and Pearl Jam is a foundational band that has done more for musicians than is really quantifiable. Might want to let this one go man. If you love Creed, more power to you I suppose. You are definitely in an extreme minority. 

you should put up a poll in the entertainment thread, for fun.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

As a guitar player I can tell you that that is not true in any capacity. 🤣

scott stapp is a not a positive person, creed’s songs generally stink, imo, and Pearl Jam is a foundational band that has done more for musicians than is really quantifiable. Might want to let this one go man. If you love Creed, more power to you I suppose. You are definitely in an extreme minority. 

you should put up a poll in the entertainment thread, for fun.

I don't want to steal this thread already more than we have. You need to get online and look up Scott Stapp. You're very behind the times on what Scott Stapp is up to. He did an online concert to raise donations for Covid-19 back in May. He's raised awareness about sex trafficking. Not sure where you get this poor opinion of him. Maybe you're still stuck on 1998 Scott Stapp. I also think you need to get on youtube and do some research on Mark Tremonti.

Yes Pearl Jam would win in your little poll. Liking Creed is considered a joke. They were huge and died quickly because they were shoved down everyone's throats. 

27 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I don't want to steal this thread already more than we have. You need to get online and look up Scott Stapp. You're very behind the times on what Scott Stapp is up to. He did an online concert to raise donations for Covid-19 back in May. He's raised awareness about sex trafficking. Not sure where you get this poor opinion of him. Maybe you're still stuck on 1998 Scott Stapp. I also think you need to get on youtube and do some research on Mark Tremonti.

Yes Pearl Jam would win in your little poll. Liking Creed is considered a joke. They were huge and died quickly because they were shoved down everyone's throats. 

I’m good, man. Enjoy your Creed.

15 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Love Scott Stapp. I'd take Creed over Pearl Jam everyday.

Oh, you're so misguided, grasshopper.  😉  

And Pearl Jam was doing similar things to what Stapp is now 25 years ago raising awareness of sex trafficking and sexual assault.  If anything, he's behind times.  🤣  Anyway, I'm clearly biased, since I view Creed as a couple of notches above Nickelback...and Stapp and Brad Roberts (Crash Test Dummies) are twins separated at birth.  

OK, back on topic, before I go any further.  😇  

Edited by swede700