Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

23 hours ago, swede700 said:

Oh, you're so misguided, grasshopper.  😉  

And Pearl Jam was doing similar things to what Stapp is now 25 years ago raising awareness of sex trafficking and sexual assault.  If anything, he's behind times.  🤣  Anyway, I'm clearly biased, since I view Creed as a couple of notches above Nickelback...and Stapp and Brad Roberts (Crash Test Dummies) are twins separated at birth.  

OK, back on topic, before I go any further.  😇  

I don't have an opinion in this debate, as I'm still heavily involved in the Beatles vs. Stones debate!!  And the winner of that debate will always and forever by...The Beatles!

21 hours ago, swede700 said:

So, he has no chance to make the roster.  He's probably not even going to be good enough to consider keeping on a 16-man practice squad.  

He was a WR in college. Runs a 4.3 second 40. He probably won't make the practice squad, but it seems there's some physical ability to work with. But he's also 23 years old already.  Only had 3 receptions in college. 

Pearl Jam is superior to Creed in every way. 

That said, Creed and Nickelback's first albums (My Own Prison and The State, respectively) were both excellent albums, but weren't the ones that made them household names. Had those two bands not strayed from those styles into the "pop-rock" genre, they'd probably be more highly regarded.

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I like the thought of the Saints cutting Nick Easton to make cap room, and the Vikings bringing him back to take over the left guard spot. 

I’d trade a 7th for him. 

Reiff - Easton - Bradbury - Elflein - O’Neill
Hill, Cleveland, Dozier, Samia, Udoh

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

How good has Easton been for the Saints? 

Not great, but I can't think of another offensive lineman that left the Vikings in the last 10 years and looked better than Easton looked with the Saints. John Sullivan, I suppose looked better for a short time. That none of the guys look better after leaving the team speaks to how poor the talent is that the Vikings have had on their offensive line. If it were a coaching problem guys that leave would look a lot better on their new teams. Don't take that to mean that coaching hasn't been a problem; we cannot know the level of problem coaching has been since they never had an amount of talent that should even be entry stakes in the NFL.

On 9/4/2020 at 11:42 AM, wcblack34 said:

Pearl Jam is superior to Creed in every way. 

That said, Creed and Nickelback's first albums (My Own Prison and The State, respectively) were both excellent albums, but weren't the ones that made them household names. Had those two bands not strayed from those styles into the "pop-rock" genre, they'd probably be more highly regarded.

Pearl Jam is a talented band. I like Sirens and Black alot. I like alot of what Edfie Vedder did for the soundtrack of Into The Wild. For my personal tastes though Creed has three great first 3 albums that I love.  They were rushed to put those out and still nailed it imo. The single Rain from their 2009 album was good too. It's just personal taste. I know I'm in the minority.

4 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

You guys must be misremembering things.  Nick Easton was not that good at OG for us.  He was always a few steps behind in pull blocks.  I think he’s only a center or a backup IOL.

Agreed. I think we got his best years already.