Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

While I will certainly give credit to Khalil Mack as being a better overall player. We just traded for that level of a pass rusher, without giving up a 1st round pick. 

nor could we have drafted a game ready starting equivalent with a 2nd round pick.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

nor could we have drafted a game ready starting equivalent with a 2nd round pick.

While not impossible, the odds certainly aren’t in your favor. 

Not to mention, using a draft pick in a draft that is going to be very interesting, to say the least, on a 25 yo proven talent seems like a smart move. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Not to mention, using a draft pick in a draft that is going to be very interesting, to say the least, on a 25 yo proven talent seems like a smart move. 

Absolutely. Next year’s draft is going to be a massive crap shoot. There’s going to be little tape, few visits, may not be a combine. Absolutely trade picks for proven assets this year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Even if the team can’t sign Ngakoue long term, a 2nd round pick on a one year rental for a player of his caliber isn’t a terrible idea. If he does leave in free agency next year, the team will likely get back the 2022 conditional pick via a compensatory pick.

I agree, and if they do not like his attitude and or play they can simply just not sign him after this season.  Good way to see if he is worth a long term deal, for whatever reason the Jaguars obviously had problems with him but maybe it was a management style, will see.  

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I agree, and if they do not like his attitude and or play they can simply just not sign him after this season.  Good way to see if he is worth a long term deal, for whatever reason the Jaguars obviously had problems with him but maybe it was a management style, will see.  

Jacksonville has faced a mass exodus since 2017. 

That's entirely on poor management.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Jacksonville has faced a mass exodus since 2017. 

That's entirely on poor management.

That list is a little deceptive, Telvin Smith is not in the NFL, was going to take some time off during this, but really who knows about that and was charged with unlawful sexual activity with a minor in April 2020 so his career could be over.  Marcell Dareus not sure he is in the NFL either, wow what a bust after showing such promise in college and great player as a young player.  Barry Church not sure he is in the NFL anymore either, and Malik Jackson is close to being done and was hurt big time last year, maybe he can come back.   Fowler was a bust on the Jags but has turned out ok for the Rams.  Campbell is a great leader and clearly wanted to win now and not build which is what they are doing in Jacksonville.   Bouye can play and so can Ramsey obviously.  But sure management has to do with it but I am not familiar with their management honestly so cannot speak much on it.  

7 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Concur.

2nd round picks are indeed exciting but getting a proven NFL starter that can walk in on day one and be a huge part of the defense with none of the risk is 100% better. I mean if he were 30, sure I can see it but 25? Sign VB up!

I wonder if the team checked in with Clowney before trading to get Ngakoue. Ngakoue is the better of the two at generating pressure, but Clowney is a far superior run defender. It could be a case of what the team wanted or it could be a case of Clowney wanting too much.