Alex Smith to be traded to Washington for 3rd round pick and CB Kendall Fuller; agrees to extension

Apparition

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Alex Smith and Boss dont belong in the same sentence

If we're talking about character, then yes. Play on the field... I won't even debate it. He's capable. He's just a great guy who deserves a lot better than what he's gotten during his career.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Malik said:

The drop off between Cousins and Alex Smith isn't that large honestly. It's the age thing that matters. Alex will be 34 heading into next season and he's not exactly going to jump WAS into a definitive playoff team. I imagine WAS is going to make a lot of moves in the off season now that they'll have presumably have more money to spin and not have to worry about their QB situation anymore.

That's what I said as well. I mean, in the short term, it's a pretty lateral move. They will be just as competitive with Smith as they were with Cousins, so they did well in that regard given the no win situation with Cousins. Now would I have given up a second round pick and a player for Smith? No, not at his age with his limitations (though I'm higher on him than most). 

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

Did the Browns try to trade for Smith, but forgot to call in time again?

Just now, lancerman said:

Rumor from my NFL source is that the Chiefs tried to call Smith to talk to him about a possible trade to Cleveland but the line kept getting disconnected

Ya'll so cruel