This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

31 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think their offense is good. I wonder if the league has figured out Zimm?

Feel like there's enough talent on defense to turn it around. I know they're worried after that's happened obviously. IDK what's going on there but I still they think they can win big games. 

37 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I wouldn't take much away from the Rams game. Rams are gonna drop 30-35 on most teams, especially at home. The Packers and Bills both moved the ball well though which is a good sign. 

12 minutes ago, Norm said:

Feel like there's enough talent on defense to turn it around. I know they're worried after that's happened obviously. IDK what's going on there but I still they think they can win big games. 

Vikings will still be in the hunt, they aren't going to implode. Losing Griffen really hurts for them and hopefully he's not coming back anytime soon. What I didn't like last night was that Cousins to Diggs/Thielan was almost unstoppable. The better that connection gets during the season the tougher the Vikes will be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Vikings will still be in the hunt, they aren't going to implode. Losing Griffen really hurts for them and hopefully he's not coming back anytime soon. What I didn't like last night was that Cousins to Diggs/Thielan was almost unstoppable. The better that connection gets during the season the tougher the Vikes will be. 

its the best duo in the NFL when it comes to WR's & imo its not even close... on top of having a QB that can air it out consistently. the vikes arent going anywhere & it doesnt matter if they can run or not, its a passing league & they have too much talent to falter on that end

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

No they won't.  With a different QB they could turn it around, but Cousins goes from all-pro to all-poor week by week, and their defense fell off the face of the Earth.

@incognito_man and I were suggesting to everybody that the Vikings caught lightning in a bottle last year and that they weren't suddenly some powerhouse team and that it's extremely difficult to replicate that kind of defensive success.  We were doubted.  People have been posting that PFF sucks because Harrison Smith isn't a top-rated safety this year.  But he isn't because he isn't.  The Vikings defense has been bad against each team they've played this year in multiple ways. 

Cousins and Diggs/Thielen were unstoppable one week.  The very last week they were unstartable.  The Rams happened to have an injured CB that probably shouldn't have played and their other corner on IR.  They were vulnerable, and it was a short week.  Defenses always struggle most on short weeks. 

Minnesota is not the team to worry about anymore.  They've been leapfrogged by the Bears.  Just think about it... The Vikings have allowed only .2 (that's POINT 2) points less than us this year. 

Eagles, Saints, Patriots, Seahawks, Dolphins and 5 more divisional games.  I don't see 10 wins.  Like I said at the start of the season.  ESPECIALLY if they drop even one more game they should win like they did against the Bills. 

35 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No they won't.  With a different QB they could turn it around, but Cousins goes from all-pro to all-poor week by week, and their defense fell off the face of the Earth.

@incognito_man and I were suggesting to everybody that the Vikings caught lightning in a bottle last year and that they weren't suddenly some powerhouse team and that it's extremely difficult to replicate that kind of defensive success.  We were doubted.  People have been posting that PFF sucks because Harrison Smith isn't a top-rated safety this year.  But he isn't because he isn't.  The Vikings defense has been bad against each team they've played this year in multiple ways. 

Cousins and Diggs/Thielen were unstoppable one week.  The very last week they were unstartable.  The Rams happened to have an injured CB that probably shouldn't have played and their other corner on IR.  They were vulnerable, and it was a short week.  Defenses always struggle most on short weeks. 

Minnesota is not the team to worry about anymore.  They've been leapfrogged by the Bears.  Just think about it... The Vikings have allowed only .2 (that's POINT 2) points less than us this year. 

Eagles, Saints, Patriots, Seahawks, Dolphins and 5 more divisional games.  I don't see 10 wins.  Like I said at the start of the season.  ESPECIALLY if they drop even one more game they should win like they did against the Bills. 

The Bears QB is Mitch Turdbisky and very little high draft capital going forward.

Edited by Arthur Penske

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

This is what happens with every NFL coach I'm convinced. Dom, Zimmer, Lebeau, Gus Bradley all had these creative defenses 8 years ago, now everyone says they're all figured out.

Just like Mac, Reid, Bevell, etc were the McVay, Pederson, Shanny's of 2008. In 5 years I'm sure Rams fans will be convinced McVay has been figured out and they need to move on.

Payton is the only guy I've seen stay elite over a long period of time, and I kind of think that's because he's just really doesn't care about playing defense and still thinks he's going to outscore his way to a SB.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't think Minnesota is as good as last year but they are still a tough out for any team in the league.  Last year they were reasonably healthy in comparison to the rest of the league which helped a lot.  There's also a bit of NFCCG hangover that seems to effect teams in recent history (by my memory anyhow).  To me their health moving forward will be most important.  Losing Diggs or Thielen for an extended period of time would really reduce the potency of that offense. 

Also, they have been a young team on the rise the last few years.  It will be interesting to see how they handle a adversity as one of the under performing power-houses.