This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

Just now, spilltray said:

I get that it helps and is a good positive addition, but they still have major exploitable holes that could have helped more if that sort of player had been available. Yes it makes them stronger. but it's not as bad as if they got a comparable OT for instance.

That's the same way I feel about it honestly.  I don't know why so many people are acting like this was such a great trade for the Seahawks.  The Seahawks have been getting progressively worse due to poor roster management.

Their receiving corps isn't as good as people are saying it is, and I don't understand why people are saying it's so good.  It's deep, it's not good, and it's not even all that great.  Good as defined by top 16 receiving unit, bad as defined bad bottom 10 receiving unit, they're closer to bad than good because I counted 21 teams with better receiving corps.  Their offensive line was bad BEFORE their starting left tackle got injured for the year. 

Their front seven was always good, so it's not like  they've just solidified one area of concern. 

And going forward they're even less intimidating.  Sherman and Chancellor will both be 30 by the time next season starts.  Earl Thomas will be 29, Michael Bennett will turn 32 by the end of this year, Avril will be 32 by the start of next year.

Next year they have Graham, Paul Richardson and Lacy hitting free agency, and that's in addition to Sheldon Richardson himself becoming a free agent after this season ends.  The Seahawks have under 20 million in cap space

The year after that they have Sherman, Earl Thomas, Avril, Wright, Rubin, Frank Clark and Locket hitting free agency. 

The way the Seahawks have constantly traded their first round picks, avoiding that fifth year option and the top talent that comes with a first round pick, is not sustainable.  You cannot fix an offensive line by free agency alone because free agent offensive linemen are rarely great.  If they were, they would have been kept by their team.  Even the good ones are typically 28-32 by the time they hit free agency, so that gives your quick fixes a shelf life of 3-ish years. 

As far as this season, they don't have it easy.  They play us at Lambeau.  They also have the Titans, Giants, Texans, Redskins, Cardinals, Falcons, Eagles, Cowboys and Cardinals.  That's 10 tough games. 

Last year they played FOUR playoff teams.  They had a BILLION games against the worst teams in the league.  Their division last year was a joke.  And they still won only 10 games and tied once. 

All of that isn't even touching on the fact that the Seahawks have some really bad inner turmoil with teammates, and don't say it's not true because ten thousand reports of teammate turmoil suggests something's there.

They've got an entire team full of crappy personalities.  They're not some powerhouse anymore, they're grasping at what they used to be, and Sheldon Richardson isn't going to suddenly turn that around. 

4 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Why the Seahawks?

With regard to this specific trade for Richardson, mostly because the Seahawks have been pursuing him for over a month or since their draft pick McDowell got injured in an ATV accident. http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/scary-seahawks-defense-just-got-scarier-with-addition-of-sheldon-richardson/

More generally, under GM John Schneider, the Seahawks have repeatedly traded draft choices for prominent players like Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin, Jimmie Graham, and now Richardson.

Lets hope this latest trade turns out more like the Harvin trade than the Lynch trade.

I was more referring to the fact that I can not cheer for a guy that plays for the Seahawks, and Richardson went to my alma mater.  

I would like to be a fan of Jon Ryan, Sheldon Richardson, Justin Britt, Eddie Lacy... but the hat they wear prevents me from liking them.  

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Colts doing this move doesn't bode well for Luck. If he's going on PUP then ooph, Colts gonna be trash this season

And that's the worst part about it.  Brisset isn't going to make them suck any less.  There's no QB available that could win games for a team so devoid of talent like the Colts other than Luck, so why weaken yourself in the long run and strengthen your biggest out of division rival in a year when you're not going to do anything anyway?

I hate the Colts so much right now.  I am absolutely livid.  Dorsett wasn't even good, but if he has a good season for the Patriots, I swear I'm going to put the Colts in my bottom five teams just because of this trade.  i see no damn sense whatsoever with this trade.