This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I mean, anytime you can trade for a guy who has 3 sacks and 25 tackles in 3 seasons, you have to do it??

I had to look up Marsh because the way people were talking about him made me think he wasn't who I thought he was for a second.  The Patriots have a bunch of nobodies at pass rusher except for Flowers right now, and Marsh isn't changing that. 

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I had to look up Marsh because the way people were talking about him made me think he wasn't who I thought he was for a second.  The Patriots have a bunch of nobodies at pass rusher except for Flowers right now, and Marsh isn't changing that. 

They have a glaring weakness and a depth issue??? IMPOSSIBLE ONLY WE HAVE THOSE

Yeah I remember how everyone was saying John Elway was a better GM than Thompson.  He bought one Super Bowl ring, but it's going to be a long, long time before they get back to their next one.  Out of all the quarterbacks they have, I don't think they have one.  Heading into last year, you were a Packer homer if you thought Thompson was better than Elway.  I wonder how that conversation would go now. 

I think Trevor Siemian could be good enough to win with.  Think early Brady or Ben.  Brady won (2001) a Super Bowl with 18TD 12INT 2843yds; Ben won (2006) with 18TD 23INT 3513yds.  Siemian last season was 18TD 10INT 3401yds.  I think it would be a huge surprise if Siemian could carry the team there.

As far as Elway, I think he is alright.  He has run the show since 2011.  I would say he has done a pretty good job.  Using first and second round picks on Paxton Lynch and Brock Osweiler was not a good job.  But recall Ted used a second on Brian Brohm.  It was absurd for people to think Elway was hands down better than Ted.  They are probably in the same ball park.  I think Elway lucked out twice.  First, landing Peyton Manning.  He was going to make whichever QB needy team he went to an instant contender.  Elway made the team attractive enough for Manning, but that was still Manning's choice.  Second, Brock Osweiler.  Elway wanted to give Brock all of the money, but Brock decided he wanted to go to the Texans.  Elway comes out smelling like a rose for getting (barely) outbid for Brock.  That could have easily been an albatross for the Broncos, instead they got a comp pick.

Maybe you could say Thompson lucked out on some draft picks falling into his lap.  Rodgers, HaHa, Bulaga all seemed to go perfect.  I like to think that is other GMs blowing it, but whatever.

43 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah I remember how everyone was saying John Elway was a better GM than Thompson.  He bought one Super Bowl ring, but it's going to be a long, long time before they get back to their next one.  Out of all the quarterbacks they have, I don't think they have one.  Heading into last year, you were a Packer homer if you thought Thompson was better than Elway.  I wonder how that conversation would go now. 

Ted Thompson may well be a vastly superior GM to John Elway, but I don't see how that is proven by looking at Super Bowl appearances during their respective tenures in Green Bay and Denver.

TT has 1 SB appearance (and 1 victory) in his 12 years as Packers GM (after the 2010 season), while Elway has 2 SB appearances (and 1 victory, after the 2013 and 2015 seasons) in his 5 years as Broncos GM (6 if your counting his prior year as EVP of Football Operations).

And it may well be a long, long time before Denver returns to another Super Bowl after its victory over the Panthers two seasons ago, but there is also no guarantee that GB returns to a second SB under Thompson and it is now going on seven seasons since the Packers last SB appearance.

One point from the post above is indisputable, however. Denver absolutely lacks a quality starting QB, while GB has (and has had for many years now) either the best or one of the best QBs in the NFL in Aaron Rodgers.

13 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Per Chris Mortensen twitter:

"Ezekiel Elliott 6 game suspension has been upheld by Harold Henderson, per source"

Another source says he plays this weekend while it all gets sorted out

Everything now depends on his TRO motion. If denied, he will be out 6 games starting Week 2. If granted, he could conceivably play the entire season or at least as long as his attorneys can drag out the matter. Presumably what would happen is that if the TRO is granted, a hearing would be set to determine if an injunction should be granted in his favor which would delay his suspension indefinitely (remember the Williams' case from Minny). 

Hopefully the TRO is denied and then he's definitely serving his suspension come Week 5 when we come to town.