This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

• 5 weeks later...

A few interesting tidbits about the Packers - Bears opening day history. 

This year will be the 25th time that they will kick off the NFL season with the other as the opponent. 

20 of the first 24 were played in GB, the first opening game played in Chicago wasn't until 1979. 

Of the 4 games played in Chicago the Bears won the game in 1979, the Packers have won the 3 since in 1981, 2015, 2019. 

The last 3 times the Bears won the rivalry opener they made the playoffs. 2006 they lost in the SB, 1979 they lost in the wildcard round, in 1963 they won the NFL championship. 

The first ever such game was in 1942 won by the Bears 44-28 who would go undefeated in the regular season but lost to the Washington Redskins in the Championship game 14-6 that season, while the Packers finishing 2nd in the Western Division at 8-2-1. 

The Packers lead the all-time opening game series 13-10-1.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, R T said:

A few interesting tidbits about the Packers - Bears opening day history. 

This year will be the 25th time that they will kick off the NFL season with the other as the opponent. 

20 of the first 24 were played in GB, the first opening game played in Chicago wasn't until 1979. 

Of the 4 games played in Chicago the Bears won the game in 1979, the Packers have won the 3 since in 1981, 2015, 2019. 

The last 3 times the Bears won the rivalry opener they made the playoffs. 2006 they lost in the SB, 1979 they lost in the wildcard round, in 1963 they won the NFL championship. 

The first ever such game was in 1942 won by the Bears 44-28 who would go undefeated in the regular season but lost to the Washington Redskins in the Championship game 14-6 that season, while the Packers finishing 2nd in the Western Division at 8-2-1. 

The Packers lead the all-time opening game series 13-10-1.  

Can't wait to see the article with these stats show up on the madisoncheeseheads.com.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2023 at 3:16 PM, pf9 said:

I think I speak for everyone here when I say I want the Bears to go 0-17, a first since the NFL went to a 17-game schedule.

Not I . I’d like all of our rivals to have 6-8 wins every year. 

I am confused on why people want The Jets to lose right away. If they completely tank and are out of the hunt, best believe they’ll bench Rodgers to keep that 1st rounder 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I am confused on why people want The Jets to lose right away. If they completely tank and are out of the hunt, best believe they’ll bench Rodgers to keep that 1st rounder 

Agree, I have no interest in the Bears having the first pick in the draft next year. That could well mean 15 years of bad news for the Packers. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I'm not so sure about that.  If the Jets are doing poorly, it is most likely that the coaches are getting the axe.  There is no world where you bench Aaron Rodgers in favor of Zach Wilson when it weighs heavily on your continued employment.  If Rodgers stays healthy, we will get that first round pick, regardless of the Jets record.

19 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I'm not so sure about that.  If the Jets are doing poorly, it is most likely that the coaches are getting the axe.  There is no world where you bench Aaron Rodgers in favor of Zach Wilson when it weighs heavily on your continued employment.  If Rodgers stays healthy, we will get that first round pick, regardless of the Jets record.

Why can’t the owner do both? Fire the coach and bench AR. 

If NY is bad, it’s either AR was hurt or he’s bad. Let’s say he’s bad, and NY doesn’t want him back. They already sold the jerseys, the season tickets, why wouldn’t they want to retain their 1st?

• 3 weeks later...

We'll see how the Vikings handle the Dalvin Cook situation now that we are post June 1st.  It doesn't seem like he'll be playing for them next year so anything they can get for him will be gravy.  I hope it all falls apart for them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2023 at 3:13 PM, Refugee said:

We'll see how the Vikings handle the Dalvin Cook situation now that we are post June 1st.  It doesn't seem like he'll be playing for them next year so anything they can get for him will be gravy.  I hope it all falls apart for them.

They handled it right unfortunately

45 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Justin Jones doesn’t know whom his father is because his mother participated in gang bangs prior to giving birth to him, and, he came out rectally.

Justin Jones' criticism of our fanbase is lowkey hysterical. He legit can't think of a single negative thing to say about them. 

33 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Justin Jones' criticism of our fanbase is lowkey hysterical. He legit can't think of a single negative thing to say about them. 

I want more of this content and I’m willing to spread rumors to the end of earth to keep it happening.

Justin Jones and Justin Fields have a new film coming out. It’s called “Just in Justin.”