This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

How about the #2 seed in the NFC?

I think they are in the running for that...and play in a pretty easy division.

They're running for the 1 seed, mostly due to their schedule.  

49ers/Eagles (and Cowboys/Seahawks if we want to include them) have a few more tough games on paper than the Lions, including playing each other. 

Or BAL will smoke them this coming week and their hype will die for a week.

1 minute ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I haven't looked into SF's schedule, but one quick search of remaining SOS shows SF at the 9th hardest and Detroit at the second easiest.

DET better make a deep run come playoff time with that schedule bcuz next year's won't be so easy and they might wind up losing both coordinators to HC gigs elsewhere after the season.

5 hours ago, thrILL! said:

DET better make a deep run come playoff time with that schedule bcuz next year's won't be so easy and they might wind up losing both coordinators to HC gigs elsewhere after the season.

Not to mention .. much lower draft pick order in all rounds, salary cap implications will begin with better players whose contracts are expiring plus a big target on their chests.

On 10/17/2023 at 8:07 AM, Packerraymond said:

I don't care about small sample size DVOA. As my friend @Norm says, there's more to life than computers. Look at that secondary, Jerry Jacobs, Cam Sutton, Brian Branch, Kerby Joseph, Tracy Walker. That's not a group that will hold up if you can get their front blocked, which has been proven already this season. 

Same recipe against their offense, Jared Goff under pressure in 2022? 32nd in completion%, 28th in QBR, 22nd in EPA. 

The Lions are built perfectly for taking advantage of teams that are weak up front, but they have glaring holes vs teams that can protect their QB and get after theirs. That doesn't bode well for the playoffs where every team does that. 

• Like 2