This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

I have no opinion on Caleb Williams. All I know is that whichever QB the Bears go with this coming season is going to have a career worse than they would have if they went to any other team.

Poor Caleb Williams if he goes to the Bears.

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Jordan Love, John Elway, Brett Favre… Each and every one of them would be a name nobody would recognize ten years from now if the Bears had drafted them.

CHI had Mahomes sitting there, and they took Trubisky instead.  It doesn't really matter how good Williams may (or may not) be, I can always console myself with the knowledge that it could (and probably should) have been much worse.  CHI is only in position to draft Williams now because of how badly they've screwed up similar decisions in the past.

• Like 1

I have no opinion on whether Williams is going to pan out on the field or not, but I do think his personality is repellant. I could just tell by the way he answered questions. Rumors about some of his college teammates not liking him make perfect sense. Seems exceptionally arrogant. Hopefully his attitude limits the success he will have in the NFL, and thereby limits the Bears successes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

I have no opinion on whether Williams is going to pan out on the field or not, but I do think his personality is repellant. I could just tell by the way he answered questions. Rumors about some of his college teammates not liking him make perfect sense. Seems exceptionally arrogant. Hopefully his attitude limits the success he will have in the NFL, and thereby limits the Bears successes. 

Jay Cutler 2.0?

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It’s going to suck when Chicago drafts Williams and Rome. 

They’ve built up a lot of draft capital, granted it’s been through being terrible but they’ve been terrible before without gaining this level of assets. They will have some young talented players. Carolina definitely is one of the few teams the Bears can look down on when it comes to making dumb decisions. The good news is that the Pack is back on track and the Bears still suck.