This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

18 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I live in the heart of Minneapolis, and this is going to give some people a heart attack, but I’m either staying here forever or moving to Portland. What was this thread about again? 

You should stay in Minneapolis. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

Tell me you've never been to Houston, Dallas, Cleveland, Miami, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Milwaukee, Las Vegas, Atlanta, Kansas City, St Louis, Jackson, Baltimore or generally to any city or State anywhere, particularly in the South 

And it's not migrants despite what propoganda you are force fed ...

And in Green Bay it's just none of Schabusiness what happens after dark

Kansas city is 90% awful. No reason to visit there outside sports and maybe the odd BBQ joint. Just a cow/train hub.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You should stay in Minneapolis. 

My only thing is the weather here. Every year I get closer and closer to my breaking point. This year with barely any snow/cold being the obvious exception. 

• Like 1

Just now, Isherwood said:

My only thing is the weather here. Every year I get closer and closer to my breaking point. This year with barely any snow/cold being the obvious exception. 

My cars been broke into 3 times in north loop garage complexes. I go there like 3 times a year. Great times are had but Jesus I'm a poor too, quit taking my stuff.

I'll just stay a country bumpkin. And start visiting with a hoopde. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

Tell me you've never been to Houston, Dallas, Cleveland, Miami, Jacksonville, New Orleans, Milwaukee, Las Vegas, Atlanta, Kansas City, St Louis, Jackson, Baltimore or generally to any city or State anywhere, particularly in the South 

And it's not migrants despite what propoganda you are force fed ...

And in Green Bay it's just none of Schabusiness what happens after dark

I've been to all of them. Tell me you think you know me, without ever meeting me or knowing anything about me. 

LOL! "propaganda!" 

This is heading in the wrong direction. I'm out! 

Edited by Old Guy

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Wow!

Do they go so far as to do this at your traffic light?!?

They replaced the traffic light with a roundabout that gets Midwest Nice gridlocked all the time.

”You go.”

”No, YOU go!”

1 minute ago, Ripline said:

No traffic lights or roundabouts up in the nortwoods county where I live!

Ahh… where every intersection has one church, one gas station and two taverns. 

And the taverns have pickled stuff in big glass jars. 

Paradise!

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

I live in the heart of Minneapolis, and this is going to give some people a heart attack, but I’m either staying here forever or moving to Portland. What was this thread about again? 

Portland is great. As a kid who grew up in Milwaukee, it is about as Milwaukee (not Milwaukie) of the west coast as you can get. Lots of interesting neighborhoods, bars and restaurants, no lakefront but places all along the river and the PNW in general is blessed with natural beauty. You can take a world class hike in the city limits but just an hour away you are climbing mountains. MPLS is actually one of the cities I know the least in the US but of course have friends from there. If you are happy there, keep it going but the rainy winters in OR are still nothing compared to Midwestern 5 months of true winter. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Refugee said:

Portland is great. As a kid who grew up in Milwaukee, it is about as Milwaukee (not Milwaukie) of the west coast as you can get. Lots of interesting neighborhoods, bars and restaurants, no lakefront but places all along the river and the PNW in general is blessed with natural beauty. You can take a world class hike in the city limits but just an hour away you are climbing mountains. MPLS is actually one of the cities I know the least in the US but of course have friends from there. If you are happy there, keep it going but the rainy winters in OR are still nothing compared to Midwestern 5 months of true winter. 

We drove down to Oregon with the kids for spring break and spent a few days in Portland (the rest of the time in Cannon Beach, which is stunning). It was my third time visiting, but my first time with kids. Totally different experience obviously. As Refugee said, there are so many great breweries, bars, restaurants, coffee shops, and it's just culturally a very funky and vibrant place. Also has a real blue collar edge that doesn't get talked about much. On this visit we mostly did kid stuff, but even that was fun. It's a cool city.

Edited to add: Only bad part was I got jumped by a pack of gangsters who took my spleen

Edited by Lodestar
  • Like 1

Prediction: Minny trades their 1st round picks to the Chargers for Justin Herbert.  The Chargers draft McCarthy and Harbaugh is reunited with his guy from Michigan.  Tomorrow night should be interesting.