This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

14 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Have you been to Chicago lately? It's an overrun ****hole and not a safe place to be. Same with New York. The 'disadvantage,' of smalltown Green Bay is far less of a disadvantage and it they keep flooding these cities with migrants, it will soon turn into an advantage for Green Bay. 

Who in their right mind would want to live in one of those cities? 

Do you think the Rams and Chargers players live in Compton too?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Have you been to Chicago lately?

I've never been to Chicago...but I grew up around NYC and appreciate the life it affords. Do large cities have challenges not experienced by smaller cities and towns? Certainly. But they have many advantages as well.

18 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Have you been to Chicago lately? It's an overrun ****hole and not a safe place to be. Same with New York. The 'disadvantage,' of smalltown Green Bay is far less of a disadvantage and it they keep flooding these cities with migrants, it will soon turn into an advantage for Green Bay. 

Holy crap.  This got a genuine LOL out of me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Holy crap.  This got a genuine LOL out of me.

I mean the Southside of Chicago is an absolute **** show, anything south of McCormick Place is just trash, but these NFL stars are living in high rises overlooking Navy Pier and Lake Michigan with a dude working the elevators for them lol, Soldier Field is probably the closest they come to the dumpy parts of Chicago.

25 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Does OAN cover sports too? 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean the Southside of Chicago is an absolute **** show, anything south of McCormick Place is just trash, but these NFL stars are living in high rises overlooking Navy Pier and Lake Michigan with a dude working the elevators for them lol, Soldier Field is probably the closest they come to the dumpy parts of Chicago.

It was just the simplistic generalizations regarding Chicago and New York that got me.  It's not exactly news that living in rougher parts of large cities can be a different world.  There are parts of Miami that I'm not going anywhere near.

• Like 4

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

It was just the simplistic generalizations regarding Chicago and New York that got me.  It's not exactly news that living in rougher parts of large cities can be a different world.  There are parts of Miami that I'm not going anywhere near.

And the omission that these dudes have money to live like CEOs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

We're going to be the last team in the North with an open air stadium.

Hopefully the scheduling gods are kind and give the Packers all home games for the end of year division games.

37 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I went to NYC on business earlier this year and had one of my kidneys stolen while I was filling up the car

Only one of them? Lucky. I went to the wrong stop on the subway and now I'm just a head in a jar.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Striker said:

Only one of them? Lucky. I went to the wrong stop on the subway and now I'm just a head in a jar.

Does anybody have an actual statistical breakdown - something relatively recent (say the last 10years) - on how GBs fared in bad / cold weather games?

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Does anybody have an actual statistical breakdown - something relatively recent (say the last 10years) - on how GBs fared in bad / cold weather games?

Probably pretty good.  Didn't we finish 2022 5-1, and 2023 4-2? Most of the McCarthy teams seemed to hit their losing streaks in the middle of the season and finish strong.  As for actual temperature, I'm not doing the leg work there.