This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

8 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Before anybody starts worrying about the Vikings making it to the Super Bowl, just remember to ask yourself the last time a QB with zero playoff experience managed to go to the Super Bowl in his first post season. 

I'd be much more concerned about the Seahawks, Saints and Panthers. 

But seriously... The Rams, Eagles and Vikings all going to the playoffs makes me want to sneak in more than any other year.  There isn't a single Packer killer team in that bunch. 

Eagles got no damn experience, and I'll get made fun of for saying the Packers could be an inexperienced Eagles team.  Just exactly like I got made fun of last year for saying the same damn thing about the Cowboys.  Remember that? 

Vikings are the Vikings.  Aaron Rodgers?  In a dome?  In the playoffs?  Against a team that made him miss half the year?  Please.

Rams with no damn experience versus Rodgers. 

Panthers, Saints and Falcons are the only teams I wouldn't feel confident playing against in the playoffs from the NFC. 

This is all going to be rendered moot once McCarthy sucks against the Browns next week, but whatever.  Don't bet money on the Vikings making it to the playoffs.  They're the best one and done candidate in football this year. 

I could see them winning a game similar to the 2010 Bears.  Eventually I think you are spot on in that they will get sunk by their QB, but one and done would be surprising unless its the Pack. With three teams having minimal playoff experience, chances are at least one will make the NFCCG. 

Just now, KFP7 said:

I could see them winning a game similar to the 2010 Bears.  Eventually I think you are spot on in that they will get sunk by their QB, but one and done would be surprising unless its the Pack. With three teams having minimal playoff experience, chances are at least one will make the NFCCG. 

I'd bet on that being the Eagles.  Depending on who they play, I'd be absolutely shocked if the Vikings won a single playoff game.  They just have nothing that's scary except for their defense.  Even the 2000 Ravens had Jamal Lewis. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

I'd bet on that being the Eagles.  Depending on who they play, I'd be absolutely shocked if the Vikings won a single playoff game.  They just have nothing that's scary except for their defense.  Even the 2000 Ravens had Jamal Lewis. 

Hopefully not though because chances are the Eagles will play the Packers their first game.  Well maybe not, too hard to tell how seeding might land and who will win Wild Card weekend.  

56 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I think you're underestimating Keenum a bit. MN is amongst the league leaders in explosive plays. Thielen is putting up top 5 receiving numbers and Diggs and Rudolph are formidable threats. Murray has been running well. I don't think it's fair to criticize Keenum until his play actually drops off. He's done fine recently against some good defenses in Atlanta and LA.

sure, he doesn't have playoff experience. No telling how he'll do when he gets there. MN should get the benefit of a first round bye. Don't see more than two losses on the schedule.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I think you're underestimating Keenum a bit. MN is amongst the league leaders in explosive plays. Thielen is putting up top 5 receiving numbers and Diggs and Rudolph are formidable threats. Murray has been running well. I don't think it's fair to criticize Keenum until his play actually drops off. He's done fine recently against some good defenses in Atlanta and LA.

sure, he doesn't have playoff experience. No telling how he'll do when he gets there. MN should get the benefit of a first round bye. Don't see more than two losses on the schedule.

I'm definitely not underestimating Keenum.  The way he's played this year and I would very confidently call him the best QB the Vikings have had since Favre.

Still, you don't go into the playoffs the first time and make it to the Super Bowl.  Playoffs are a different game.  It's going to be invaluable experience for the Vikings to get to the playoffs this year and they'll be a legit Super Bowl threat next year if they can put it all back together, but it's just not a Super Bowl year for them.

Their absolute best case scenario is a Super Bowl loss.  I don't care how good the defense is or how good the receivers are, you don't go into a Super Bowl and win the first year you've been to the playoffs. 

28 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm definitely not underestimating Keenum.  The way he's played this year and I would very confidently call him the best QB the Vikings have had since Favre.

Still, you don't go into the playoffs the first time and make it to the Super Bowl.  Playoffs are a different game.  It's going to be invaluable experience for the Vikings to get to the playoffs this year and they'll be a legit Super Bowl threat next year if they can put it all back together, but it's just not a Super Bowl year for them.

Their absolute best case scenario is a Super Bowl loss.  I don't care how good the defense is or how good the receivers are, you don't go into a Super Bowl and win the first year you've been to the playoffs. 

Except when the Super Bowl is in Minnesota. The Vikings are a different team at home.

Just now, TENINCH said:

Except when the Super Bowl is in Minnesota. The Vikings are a different team at home.

Doesn't matter when an inexperienced Case Keenum goes up against a QB that's played in either 3 or 7 Super Bowls.  Post season experience is king, and I know you want to believe (that's why I'm expressing these doubts in the Packer forum instead of pooping on your parade over in Vikings land), but it's just not realistic to expect much from the Vikings this year

Doesn't matter if the game is played in Minnesota or on the moon. 

Experience in the playoffs is more important than literally anything once you get to the playoffs. 

• Like 1

Did anybody catch the end of the Texans game yesterday?

4th and 4....

The LT false starts three, yes THREE straight plays...

4th and 19....

Beautiful pass completed for 20 yards between 3 defenders for first down...

Next pass intercepted in the end zone.

Super crazy string of events.

On 12/4/2017 at 3:42 PM, wgbeethree said:

Did anybody catch the end of the Texans game yesterday?

4th and 4....

The LT false starts three, yes THREE straight plays...

4th and 19....

Beautiful pass completed for 20 yards between 3 defenders for first down...

Next pass intercepted in the end zone.

Super crazy string of events.

I assumed that was a clerical error on the gamecast... that was REAL????

On December 4, 2017 at 5:44 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

When you look at the Rams and Eagles, they too have QBs with no playoff experience. 

Of the potential NFC playoff teams, you've got Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Drew Brees and Russell Wilson as your experienced QBs.

Will see how MN fares against Carolina this week but MN has already beaten Atlanta and New Orleans. Granted the playoffs are much different than the regular season, MN very likely controls its own destiny for the #1 seed, MN has a strong HFA. This might help an inexperienced playoff QB significantly.

The Vikes have a winning recipe right now. Elite defense, strong OL, good run game and a QB that is capable of moving the ball. I think we're all waiting for Keenum to implode but maybe that never happens.

Edited by vikingsrule