Best Organizations for 2018-2022

Scout

5 hours ago, Plat2 said:

Which team do you guys think has more success going forward (next 5 years) the Rams or the Jags?

That is a great question.

Rams have sharp young HC + a wizened DC , a franchise QB, some talented pieces already on the roster, a new stadium coming on line and the backing of an owner with deep pockets and serious motivation. They also have the backing of the other owners/league who absolutely NEED LA to succeed. They also got a taste of the playoffs a year sooner than most would have guessed. They are on pace to open their new stadium with a bang

The Jags have a more talented roster, a motivated and deep-pocketed owner and a very successful Tom Coughlin overseeing the Football side. Fans are stoked again, tarps are coming off, new uniforms ( or was it helmets ?) for next year. They made a deeper run into the playoffs, making it to the AFC-CG

Everything looking good... except at QB. And that's the hardest one to fix

Until that's resolved, gotta lean towards the Rams at this point

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:32 AM, Nick_gb said:

Nick Collins career ending injury, JMike injury, Woodson not returning, Al Harris / Tramon Williams moving on, Jennings headed out the door, Dom Capers defense COMPLETELY regressing. I mean a lot went into that really. It seemed like we were losing more players then we were gaining because we weren't adequately replacing them through TT's philosophy of Draft and Develop. 

Yes, keeping Dom Capers as DC for the last 7 years had a lot to do with it. Our D just got worse every year!

5 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Rams have sharp young HC + a wizened DC , a franchise QB, some talented pieces already on the roster, a new stadium coming on line and the backing of an owner with deep pockets and serious motivation. They also have the backing of the other owners/league who absolutely NEED LA to succeed. They also got a taste of the playoffs a year sooner than most would have guessed. They are on pace to open their new stadium with a bang

The Jags have a more talented roster, a motivated and deep-pocketed owner and a very successful Tom Coughlin overseeing the Football side. Fans are stoked again, tarps are coming off, new uniforms ( or was it helmets ?) for next year. They made a deeper run into the playoffs, making it to the AFC-CG

a tough call.  Which FO can stand success and pay the right players plus draft the right players?  The Jags have drafted in the top 10, ten times in the last 10 years.  The Rams have drafted in the top 10 7 times in 10 years ( and never outside the top 15).  They should have talent.  Now that they have talent, which FO can keep it up drafting from the 20+

I have a strong feeling we will be talking about SF, Philadelphia, and the Rams here.

Already the 'culture' has changed in Philly for the first time in more than 50 years they one a championship and for.thr first time ever they won a AN.

SF and the Rams have made good 'management' decisions. John Lynch appears to be an excellent GM with a strong vision in mind. LA seems to have made possiblytheir best coaching hires in more than a decade.  Not long ago many of us thought the Rams would give up on Goff but they didn't and it seems to be paying off.

The 49ers took a risk and traded for Jimmy G, which also seems to have been an excellent decision. The Eagles are being led by Pederson who has the aggressive mentality that the city in which he coaches shares and it paid off with maximum dividends. 

All 3 of these organizations more than anyone else are making a serious turnaround for themselves.

It's too easy to say Pittsburgh, New England, or Kansas City who we expect to be good because for a long time they have been. But the 3 team's I mentioned have sucked for a while and they has seemingly changed (clearly so with the Eagles)

Top 5 in no particular order: Giants, Eagles, Seahawks, Chiefs, Raiders

The Eagles for obvious reason. They just won the Superbowl, have good coaching and a young franchise QB.

The Giants have an excellent owner. I think they will turn it around an be battling the Eagles. 

Seahawks: Good coaching and a young franchise QB.

Chiefs and Raiders: My gut tells me good times are ahead for the Chiefs and Raiders.

22 hours ago, SDotNova said:

The Eagles for obvious reason. They just won the Superbowl, have good coaching and a young franchise QB.

The Giants have an excellent owner. I think they will turn it around an be battling the Eagles. 

Chiefs and Raiders: My gut tells me good times are ahead for the Chiefs and Raiders.

Giants are at the top of the draft this year, Broncos just won a Super Bowl didn’t help them much the last two years, Chiefs just got rid of their QB, Raiders just took a step, and the Seahawks have been declining every year

22 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Eagles I agree.

Giants are a dumpster fire right now - need to find a QB.

Seahawks are probably going to need to rebuild very soon

Chiefs is very contingent on how Mahommes pans out.

Raiders are still a very flawed roster and Carr took a big step back this year.

On 2/21/2018 at 2:09 AM, Shanedorf said:

The Rams have the potential to be one of the next 5 years special teams. Their financial resources far exceed anything Jacksonville can ever compete with and when you add in the position of QB, Jacksonville will always struggle to compete in a league that is QB/schedule orientated.

If Luck ever comes back and if Watson develops for Houston, Jacksonville will be left in their wake. Even Tennessee could easily bypass them if Mariota has a real breakout season, so IMO, Jacksonville will definitely struggle to compete, as a small market city, retaining FA's with be a huge task for them.

11 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

The Rams have the potential to be one of the next 5 years special teams. Their financial resources far exceed anything Jacksonville can ever compete with and when you add in the position of QB, Jacksonville will always struggle to compete in a league that is QB/schedule orientated.

If Luck ever comes back and if Watson develops for Houston, Jacksonville will be left in their wake. Even Tennessee could easily bypass them if Mariota has a real breakout season, so IMO, Jacksonville will definitely struggle to compete, as a small market city, retaining FA's with be a huge task for them.

I can see the Rams defense taking a step backwards when Phillips leaves. He's really old, I don't see him coaching much longer. I'd be willing to say he's retiring after this year.

Rams upgraded with Peters and letting Tru walk. I really like Tru but Peters is a baller plus he isn’t going to cost what Tru would have this season. Rams have at least one year to save money by letting Tru walk and bring in Peters.

The talent on the Rams overall is insane and they are still the 2nd youngest team in the NFL by getting Peters who is younger than Tru. 

Archived