2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

7 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I think that time was a fluke and expect more at his pro day. 40 aside his upside is massive. Probably the second highest on that entire list.

Not sure I agree with you but what the hell do I know. He gave up a lot of plays and I was hoping it was because he was raw and not because of speed. We'll see I guess.

Just now, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

GB can still trade for a corner from some middling team looking to unload a starter for a pick on draft day because they are rebuilding or can't afford him in the future (Think Verrett from SD). 

I'd also throw a pick at Pittsburgh for Martavis Bryant to see if they bite.

Pretty sure LAC thinks they may be a contender in 2018.  Denver has a new Keenum at QB, KC has a 2nd year QB and OAK was down last season.  

I think LAC is the early favorite to some out of the AFC West, or is at least an even odds with maybe DEN and OAK

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Most man coverage in the NFL is not bump and run. Off man is more common. 

True. But I would still say that it’s like a false step and then Jackson would be opening his hips and or turning to run. Not much back pedaling involved.

So again... if they use him smart these things don’t need to be an issue. Seattle method to coverage, simple.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

True. But I would still say that it’s like a false step and then Jackson would be opening his hips and or turning to run. Not much back pedaling involved.

So again... if they use him smart these things don’t need to be an issue. Seattle method to coverage, simple.

Seattle runs a ton of Cover-3. Back pedaling is a thing a CB needs to be able to do no matter what.

Now it's not like you need to be able to run a 40 yard dash backwards, but you do have to be able to flip your hips out of a backpedal. 

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Pretty sure LAC thinks they may be a contender in 2018.  Denver has a new Keenum at QB, KC has a 2nd year QB and OAK was down last season.  

I think LAC is the early favorite to some out of the AFC West, or is at least an even odds with maybe DEN and OAK

This is a deep CB class though and I doubt they are gonna pay him when they just signed Heyward to a big extension. They also have 2 good corners behind him in King and Williams. Don't think it will happen, but I'd love to see it. Buying low on a guy with incredible talent that we could give good money next year since our secondary is junk.

Archived