2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

36 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Pierre Desir re-signs with the Colts.  There are now only 39 total free agent cornerbacks.  That list includes Gunter and other nobodies. 

Nnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

40 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Not trying to sound like a jerk here, but what part of 3 years, 14.5 million is throwing money at Burnett? 

I've got the simple answer for you.  It isn't.

Decision was probably more about upgrading the safety play than it was money.  And I'm not so sure that the front office got that part right.....

1 hour ago, Hawkfan191 said:

Ugh .. very affordable contract .. nice deal for the Steelers.  I wish I knew what the Packers game plan was .. sure seems like we are setting out to make ourselves worse.  I keep waiting for Aaron Rodgers to ask for a trade.  We are wasting that guys prime years.

2 hours ago, Lodestar said:

I'm not sure Hurns is much of an upgrade over Geronimo.

Allison is one of the worst 2 or 3 athletes at his position in the NFL.  Hurns is an upgrade IMO.  Not saying he's the answer but he was a big play machine early in his career, his issues were injuries.  He was a 1000 yard WR with 10 TDs despite being handcuffed with Blake Bortles as his QB. 

15 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Ugh .. very affordable contract .. nice deal for the Steelers.  I wish I knew what the Packers game plan was .. sure seems like we are setting out to make ourselves worse.  I keep waiting for Aaron Rodgers to ask for a trade.  We are wasting that guys prime years.

I like Burnett and this is response to all the posts on him. I think Jones was brought in for this reason and to play the position. While Burnett is solid and unspectacular he never seems to make allot of plays. that would be the only knock on him that i would give. He's a solid guy that at that price is decent he can cover TE's and in the slot also. Good signing for the Steelers. I guess we're looking for comp pics also for next year.

7 minutes ago, SSG said:

Allison is one of the worst 2 or 3 athletes at his position in the NFL.  Hurns is an upgrade IMO.  Not saying he's the answer but he was a big play machine early in his career, his issues were injuries.  He was a 1000 yard WR with 10 TDs despite being handcuffed with Blake Bortles as his QB. 

That was the year Bortles threw 35 TDs and basically just bombed it deep on every play. I had Hurns in fantasy that year, and there was never anything remotely impressive about him.

3 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

That was the year Bortles threw 35 TDs and basically just bombed it deep on every play. I had Hurns in fantasy that year, and there was never anything remotely impressive about him.

I'm sorry what? Because you had him in Fantasy that gives you the knowledge that there is nothing remotely impressive about Hurns? Hurns is actually quite better then given credit for. He adjusts to the ball very well (Had to with Blake Bortles as his QB). He is a DEFINITE upgrade over Allison. 

Just now, Nick_gb said:

I'm sorry what? Because you had him in Fantasy that gives you the knowledge that there is nothing remotely impressive about Hurns? Hurns is actually quite better then given credit for. He adjusts to the ball very well (Had to with Blake Bortles as his QB). He is a DEFINITE upgrade over Allison. 

???

Not sure where I said any of that. I had him in fantasy and watched him a bunch. Wasn't impressed. YMMV.

Archived