2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

30 minutes ago, SSG said:

It's funny that PFF's grade is the single biggest reason people love the Williams signing but is deemed worthless when talking about King's terrible rookie season. I've probably read about Tramon Williams 2017 PFF grade 50 times on this board since he was signed O.o

Terrible rookie season is hyperbole but I understand your concern and partially agree.

still think King will be fine as long as he isn’t forced to cover 1s every single week. We’re in a really poor position to kill his confidence right now.

30 minutes ago, SSG said:

It's funny that PFF's grade is the single biggest reason people love the Williams signing but is deemed worthless when talking about King's terrible rookie season. I've probably read about Tramon Williams 2017 PFF grade 50 times on this board since he was signed O.o

FWIW they watched King and just read about Tramon. That probably factors in. Then again there's plenty of guys out there always trying to convince me they watch more tape than Jaws (who I think are most all full of **** minus the guys who obviously know their ****) so maybe they saw more Williams than I give them credit for

2 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

They do though...

They do their first early grades with TV tape then a second run with a22 later in the week when it comes out.

I swear I told you this before Ray. Screw you for making me defend that website twice lol

They say that, but I don't buy it. I still remember the Cincy game where they docked Josh Jones on their game report for blowing a coverage and allowing a TD. Some reporter asked Dom about it and he said that Jones wasn't responsible for that TD and PFF didn't rescind it in their grades and said they felt it was his fault.

I saw Tramon this past year, that's why I'm excited. I don't care what PFF says about DB play. They're usually OK with the top guys because anyone can see they're having a good year.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

They say that, but I don't buy it. I still remember the Cincy game where they docked Josh Jones on their game report for blowing a coverage and allowing a TD. Some reporter asked Dom about it and he said that Jones wasn't responsible for that TD and PFF didn't rescind it in their grades and said they felt it was his fault.

I saw Tramon this past year, that's why I'm excited. I don't care what PFF says about DB play. They're usually OK with the top guys because anyone can see they're having a good year.

The far bigger concern with the PFF grades and Tramon is that they're always going to favor guys in that scheme. When your being graded on a percentage of good plays and you consider a 5 yard gain a "win", you're going to carry high grades for guys that can come up and tackle when providing that option frequently. 

PFF grades batting average, it's not OPS+

27 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Their grades change all the time from the initial ones released...I doubt it's a big conspiracy that that happens for no reason...

I hate PFF but I don't think they are lying about that. I don't think Capers saying something and then disagreeing proves that they don't watch all 22 either. That's just them being idiots.

10 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Their grades change all the time from the initial ones released...I doubt it's a big conspiracy that that happens for no reason...

I hate PFF but I don't think they are lying about that. I don't think Capers saying something and then disagreeing proves that they don't watch all 22 either. That's just them being idiots.

Never attribute to maliciousness that which can easily be explained by incompetence.

So lets stop trying to figure out why FAs come (or dont) to Green Bay.

"It's a spot (CHI) with alot of benefits as far as it being close to home. The close to home thing was a very minimal factor - but it was a factor"

Figure that out.

Oh - and I guess playing with Mitch Tubisky as opposed to AR didnt enter his thought patterns.   O.o

3 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

As awesome it is that we were close to getting ARob, I wouldn't be thrilled with him at $14m. We wouldn't have gotten Jimmy of course, but still.  That's a lot

Packers took a swing at a high end WR and a high end CB -  those are both listed among the top draft needs.

Yet they were willing to go with the expensive vets in both cases.

Archived