2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, gbwins80 said:

With the departure of Richard Rogers, is Julius Thomas of any interest? 

Not anymore. For me at least.

Post DEN days? Oh yeah. But he's disappeared.

Maybe it was injury related - that I cant say.

4 minutes ago, gbwins80 said:

With the departure of Richard Rogers, is Julius Thomas of any interest? 

If they sign anymore TEs it better be someone who can block. Graham/Kendricks are two of the worst blocking TEs in the game. 

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

If they sign anymore TEs it better be someone who can block. Graham/Kendricks are two of the worst blocking TEs in the game. 

Graham isn't any worse of a blocker than Richard Rodgers. There was a time when Graham was a lousy blocker, but that hasn't been the case for a few years. 

Also blocking from the TE spot is super overrated. 

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Graham isn't any worse of a blocker than Richard Rodgers. There was a time when Graham was a lousy blocker, but that hasn't been the case for a few years. 

Also blocking from the TE spot is super overrated. 

I agree Jimmy has improved and is fine when he tries to block (key word tries). I was more advocating against signing Julius Thomas because he would just be redundant at this point. They will draft a mid rounder and be set.

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

I agree Jimmy has improved and is fine when he tries to block (key word tries). I was more advocating against signing Julius Thomas because he would just be redundant at this point. They will draft a mid rounder and be set.

This team needs anybody who can run a route and catch a football that it can lay hands on. If you think Julius Thomas is done, that's one thing, but if you think the skill set is still there, it's crazy talk to think we couldn't use him. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This team needs anybody who can run a route and catch a football that it can lay hands on. If you think Julius Thomas is done, that's one thing, but if you think the skill set is still there, it's crazy talk to think we couldn't use him. 

I guess I am crazy then. We have no need for a Julius Thomas type at this point unless you are cutting Kendricks. Which is fine. I'd much rather throw darts with a few of the 12 picks or sign a cheap/young WR than pick up another TE who is on the backside of career and can't run. Only area I see him helping in is the red zone and we are already elite there. 

8 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Gearing up to trade for Gronk obviously!!!  

Honestly, unless it’s picks for picks, just stay the hell away from trading with Bellicheat. He’s undefeated except by Ted via Clay Mathews trade. 

6 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Honestly, unless it’s picks for picks, just stay the hell away from trading with Bellicheat. He’s undefeated except by Ted via Clay Mathews trade. 

Is he though?

Traded up for Chad Jackson instead of Greg Jennings. Chandler trade. Garopollo (although he was apparently against it). Trading Cooks for less then they traded him for (maybe I haven't done the chart math).

There have been plenty of Belichick trade losses. 

42 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Is he though?

Traded up for Chad Jackson instead of Greg Jennings. Chandler trade. Garopollo (although he was apparently against it). Trading Cooks for less then they traded him for (maybe I haven't done the chart math).

There have been plenty of Belichick trade losses. 

NE used pick 32 to acquire Cooks

NE received pick 23 for Cooks

There were some later round picks involved in the deal as well, but the meat and potatoes of the deals were the 1st round picks

I've always held the opinion that drafting was a bit of a weakness with Belichick, a guy who is strong in so many other areas. Not awful, just weaker than you might imagine given how well he manages most other things. Probably it's down to spreading himself too thin to do full justice to the draft process.

Archived