2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

13 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Haha, where do you find these things?  I suppose if we don’t draft a decent enough receiver(s), the Bryant option is still on the table and a few folks in here would get “excited”!

I've been saving that one for ages. It was on Reddit. I was gonna use it for our first pick but I was too drunk to operate a phone

I think the only thing Bryant gives us is a red zone target.  Why not just sign Gates instead and have the best red zone offense in the league without getting tied down to an overpaid cancerous personality who we will be tied down to?

I was curious about something Gute said in his presser tonight, something to the effect that he wasn’t planning to draft two corners and a linebacker, but he picked the talent that was there, and that there’s still time in the draft and through other means to fill areas of need.

The bolder section above makes me think that Gute will not stop at the draft, or UDFA to fill holes on this team.  Stay tuned, free agency may not be over yet.

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I was curious about something Gute said in his presser tonight, something to the effect that he wasn’t planning to draft two corners and a linebacker, but he picked the talent that was there, and that there’s still time in the draft and through other means to fill areas of need.

The bolder section above makes me think that Gute will not stop at the draft, or UDFA to fill holes on this team.  Stay tuned, free agency may not be over yet.

FA or trade options.  Might be some players on the move after teams get or don't get players to fill holes.

15 minutes ago, squire12 said:

FA or trade options.  Might be some players on the move after teams get or don't get players to fill holes.

And I’m down like Charlie Brown with both of those options if we end the draft thin at areas of need!

13 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Any good ideas on a vet stop gap WR not named Dez to put across from Devonte ?

Regardless of draft position, WR is a pretty big learning curve - and we are entering the back end of the draft

I got nothing, which isn’t saying much.  But from what I’ve heard and read, there’s just not much out there.  Short of a trade, I’m not sure there’s any other decent options after the draft, aside from Dez, which I’m honestly a bit Leary of.

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

Gut also made the first relevant player trade by Green Bay in over a decade when he shipped that free safety to Cleveland for Kizer.

New era in Green Bay as we are now permitted to contemplate adding players through all available avenues of talent acquisition.

Indy is moving from a 3-4 to a 4-3 front this year. They drafted (2) 4-3 DE types already and a 4-3 OLB too

That might make OLB Jabaal Sheard available, he's not a great fit in that scheme. 28 years old and a  $ 7M cap number. I believe Sheard played one season with Pettine in Cleveland.

https://overthecap.com/player/jabaal-sheard/280/

“We have to make that switch with the personnel first,  we’ll talk about all those different shifts — guys moving from outside backer to defensive end; the D-tackles, the nose tackle, where are we going to put those guys, and all that,” Eberflus said

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Indy is moving from a 3-4 to a 4-3 front this year. They drafted (2) 4-3 DE types already and a 4-3 OLB too

That might make OLB Jabaal Sheard available, he's not a great fit in that scheme. 28 years old and a  $ 7M cap number. I believe Sheard played one season with Pettine in Cleveland.

https://overthecap.com/player/jabaal-sheard/280/

“We have to make that switch with the personnel first,  we’ll talk about all those different shifts — guys moving from outside backer to defensive end; the D-tackles, the nose tackle, where are we going to put those guys, and all that,” Eberflus said

Jabaal Sheard career stats. One thing is clear - he plays alot.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14036/jabaal-sheard

Veteran stop gap needs in order:

1. WR (Adams, Cobb in slot, we need someone capable of not sucking outside).
2. EDGE (gotta get a 4-5 sack season type of player for depth/relief).
3. TE (not satisfied with Kendricks, I want Gates).
4. OG (Just give me Evans and we're set on the OL).

Give me each of the first two and I will go into this season confidently believing we're winning the Super Bowl. 

Archived