2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

6 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I’m not big on Breeland but for whatever reason the thought of him and cromartie as a tandem sounds great to me. 

It is intriguing actually.  Having a hard time getting enthusiastic about DRC, but I’m digging up as much info about him as possible to see if I can find some optimism about his abilities at this point in his career.  If I dig up anything juicy I’ll post it here.

15 minutes ago, Chili said:

DRC was officially cut 6 hours ago and Arrigo apparently already knows that we have interest in him!?  9_9

Not defending him but I imagine teams have a pretty good feel who's gonna be cut before we do and might know that if it happens they are ready to step up with numbers? Maybe?

I think we need to forget about signing a FA wide receiver. We already have commited so much salary cap space to WRs and I just cannot see us adding more.

The cap space we have left will allow us for one major addition plus maybe two smaller additions. Wilkerson is probably the major one if we're successful and we can focus on getting an experienced but cheap CB and TE to add depth which we so desperately need. Eg. Amukamara and Eifert maybe on 1 year deals? Its not perfect but given our current cap situation it will have to do.

I think we will only pursue Trumaine Johnson if we fail to get WIlkerson. No way we can afford both.

If we don't cut anybody then that's how our free agency is likely to shake out.

Archived