Madden 19

MacReady

^^ I agree and I think more people are starting to notice and voice the same opinions. However, people will still buy the game every year. I do too. Not at full price but I still get it cause there is nothing else.

Until there is a huge dent and so many take a stand refusing to buy the game or another nfl game comes out, nothing will change.

22 hours ago, biggio7 said:

^^ I agree and I think more people are starting to notice and voice the same opinions. However, people will still buy the game every year. I do too. Not at full price but I still get it cause there is nothing else.

Until there is a huge dent and so many take a stand refusing to buy the game or another nfl game comes out, nothing will change.

You realize that by buying the game from anything other than a 3rd party (like sellers on Amazon or Ebay) truly nothing will change, right?

I hope that's what you mean when you say you don't get it at full price...

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

You realize that by buying the game from anything other than a 3rd party (like sellers on Amazon or Ebay) truly nothing will change, right?

I hope that's what you mean when you say you don't get it at full price...

Nope that's not what I meant.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Ten colleges to select your superstar to go to

D5CK-brXkAU9SWm?format=jpg

Please please be a gateway to NCAA 21 next year. No one cares about garbage Madden.

Yesssssss. Madden is still trash and I have no faith in EA at all ever again but this is still relatively exciting news. I love single player mode and wish it was the sugar daddy of madden instead of stupid MUT so they’d actually put heart into it

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Playable Pro Bowl finally back. 

The new Superstar mode also sounds interesting. Never bothered with Longshot cause it sounded like garbage. A story mode has no place in a sports game. 

How was "unplayable Pro Bowl" ever even a thing?  I never understood that.  That's some laziness right there.  I'm pretty sure you could play Pro Bowls in Madden 05 lol

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

How was "unplayable Pro Bowl" ever even a thing?  I never understood that.  That's some laziness right there.  I'm pretty sure you could play Pro Bowls in Madden 05 lol

They remove items so that they can sell them as "new" features down the road.  

Here are some changes regarding franchise mode for everyone who enjoys that:

The scenario engine basically underpins franchise mode with potential story elements like hold outs and scheme changes causing players to get angry with your decisions as a GM. There will be both major and minor storylines which EA reverse engineered over the last seven years of NFL action.

For the first time in the series’ history, you are going to have to consider the fact that you are building a team with at least some semblance of personalities to balance. You can’t just cut an aging franchise guy for a rookie and expect things to work out anymore, at least that’s the plan according to EA.

----------------------------------------------------

If the changes do indeed smooth out the problems with last year, this will already be a big improvement for the series. However, on top of planning on fixing some of the problems the development team is also looking to provide more flexibility with how teams can actually be built.

If a player doesn’t fit a scheme, their presence probably won’t be crippling this year — at least according to what EA is saying.

On top of that, there’ll be some new scheme types, which is something you would expect as the feature matures into year two and the game of football itself continues to evolve.

Expect RPOs to become a bigger deal in this year’s game as one example.

-----------------------------------------------------------

There will obviously be more details coming later, but that's just a bit of what we know so far.

https://www.operationsports.com/madden-nfl-20-breaking-down-the-franchise-mode-additions/

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Here are some changes regarding franchise mode for everyone who enjoys that:

The scenario engine basically underpins franchise mode with potential story elements like hold outs and scheme changes causing players to get angry with your decisions as a GM. There will be both major and minor storylines which EA reverse engineered over the last seven years of NFL action.

For the first time in the series’ history, you are going to have to consider the fact that you are building a team with at least some semblance of personalities to balance. You can’t just cut an aging franchise guy for a rookie and expect things to work out anymore, at least that’s the plan according to EA.

----------------------------------------------------

If the changes do indeed smooth out the problems with last year, this will already be a big improvement for the series. However, on top of planning on fixing some of the problems the development team is also looking to provide more flexibility with how teams can actually be built.

If a player doesn’t fit a scheme, their presence probably won’t be crippling this year — at least according to what EA is saying.

On top of that, there’ll be some new scheme types, which is something you would expect as the feature matures into year two and the game of football itself continues to evolve.

Expect RPOs to become a bigger deal in this year’s game as one example.

-----------------------------------------------------------

There will obviously be more details coming later, but that's just a bit of what we know so far.

https://www.operationsports.com/madden-nfl-20-breaking-down-the-franchise-mode-additions/

The Superstar abilities feature sounds like a total disaster.  Like the year the one handed possession catch was unstoppable.