Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He just makes too much sense for us. Connection with Marrone/Coughlin etc. We have a need for interior OL help (and he is versatile which is important). I hope he's a main target, especially if ARob isn't retained and $$$ is open for him.

I would call the Jags the favorite for Pugh at this point- need, good sense, Coughlin, and Marrone, his college coach!

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Bolt/Report-Justin-Pugh-could-head-to-the-Jaguars-if-Giants-pass--115587026

If it doesn’t work out with the Giants, the Jacksonville Jaguars may be in play because of Pugh’s connection to his former coach at Syracuse University, Doug Marrone, and Tom Coughlin.

1 minute ago, bzane said:

I would call the Jags the favorite for Pugh at this point- need, good sense, Coughlin, and Marrone, his college coach!

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Bolt/Report-Justin-Pugh-could-head-to-the-Jaguars-if-Giants-pass--115587026

Hope it happens.

If A-Rob is let go, likely due to not wanting to pay a guy $16M because we want to run the ball and lock it down on D (Marrone is all about this), we have to improve the interior of the OL. I know we plan to go hard at it in the draft, but I'd like to get a veteran in there too. 

13 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

John Elway after reading this tweet: “Alright Lynch you can just have him.”

I think SF will pony up a 7th rounder just so Lynch can say he won another deal that involved (this time indirectly) the Pats.   And remain undefeated since JimmyG took over as starting QB.   :D

20 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Rumor has it Les Snead is in a trading mood.

It’s better to be proactive than reactive. The only thing anyone can argue with is the compensation. But we can say that about a lot of trades in every sport.

Tree and Quinn are very good football players but for the money they were making, their talents weren’t maximized in the 3-4 scheme thus making them overpaid guys who underproduced. Tree signed a 4yr 42m contract but yet he was ranked 830 out of 856 graded defenders by PFF. Yes Quinn stayed healthy and had 8.5 sacks in 2017 but the last 2 seasons he has mostly been hurt. He has back and I want to say either neck or head injuries over that spand and he isn’t getting any younger. The Rams save a ton of money, get more draft picks in a draft where value could be had all throughout day 3 and the Rams can find natural fits for Wade Phillips 3-4 scheme.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Hope it happens.

If A-Rob is let go, likely due to not wanting to pay a guy $16M because we want to run the ball and lock it down on D (Marrone is all about this), we have to improve the interior of the OL. I know we plan to go hard at it in the draft, but I'd like to get a veteran in there too. 

I still feel like you have to be able to move the ball in the air too though 

Archived