Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

i saw/heard the lions and saints were talking about a Mark Ingram/ Eric Ebron swap. don't know how true that is

That would be a horrible trade for New Orleans. I see them bringing Graham back + drafting a TE in rounds 4/5.

31 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

That would be a horrible trade for New Orleans. I see them bringing Graham back + drafting a TE in rounds 4/5.

I agree. Mark Ingram is in the prime of his career at 28 coming off a career year. He has relatively low mileage on him due to splitting carries most of his NFL career. I could see him playing at this level for another 4 years or so. It would be silly to get rid of him with Brees being at this stage of his career, and the Saints being in a win now mode because of it.

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

BurgundyBlog posted something saying someone at the top of the Redskins food chain (read: Snyder or Allen) is in love with Lamar Jackson.

Ah yes, an athletic, thin-limbed scrambling QB being picked by the Redskins. Good call by them!

2 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

the report was saying it looked like the saints were starting to phase Ingram out of the rotation with Kamara and the saints can daft Mark's replacement in this draft.. would be a heck of a deal but I think Detroit would have to attach a pick... isn't Ingram a fa after this yr.

The Titans are releasing RB DeMarco Murray

8 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

the report was saying it looked like the saints were starting to phase Ingram out of the rotation with Kamara and the saints can daft Mark's replacement in this draft.. would be a heck of a deal but I think Detroit would have to attach a pick... isn't Ingram a fa after this yr.

The Titans are releasing RB DeMarco Murray

Welp, if you stashed Derrick Henry in dynasty FF, congrats.

2 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

i saw/heard the lions and saints were talking about a Mark Ingram/ Eric Ebron swap. don't know how true that is

It better be more than just Ebron. If that happened I’m pretty sure that even the senior citizens in New Orleans might burn the city down. 

4 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I agree. Mark Ingram is in the prime of his career at 28 coming off a career year. He has relatively low mileage on him due to splitting carries most of his NFL career. I could see him playing at this level for another 4 years or so. It would be silly to get rid of him with Brees being at this stage of his career, and the Saints being in a win now mode because of it.

Not to mention, so far as I'm aware, he's always been a Sean Payton favorite - Payton pounded the table for him when he was a prospect and Payton diligently stuck by him even when injuries posed a threat to Ingram's reps.

There's also the issue that Ebron's hands are still mediocre-at-best.  This just sounds like a rumor that some Lions fan or blogger seeking clickbait floated out there.

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont blame him 

I don’t either, at the end of the day. 

Its worth noting that he had a down year by his standards after skipping the same events. I think the preparation helps a lot more than some give it credit for. 

That said, given how much he’s been trying to get this contract done on his own terms, he simply can’t afford an injury. I doubt Bell feels all that motivated to come in and make it easy for the Steelers to be business-as-usual, too. 

Theyre only about a million apart in deals from some reports I’ve read (they’ve offered $13.3m, he wants $14.5m), you’d think one of the sides would budge.

10 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I don’t either, at the end of the day. 

Its worth noting that he had a down year by his standards after skipping the same events. I think the preparation helps a lot more than some give it credit for. 

That said, given how much he’s been trying to get this contract done on his own terms, he simply can’t afford an injury. I doubt Bell feels all that motivated to come in and make it easy for the Steelers to be business-as-usual, too. 

Theyre only about a million apart in deals from some reports I’ve read (they’ve offered $13.3m, he wants $14.5m), you’d think one of the sides would budge.

Id be a little surprised if they budged right now. Normally i would say the player will blink but Bell seems very hell bent on the sticking to his guns

14 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

It better be more than just Ebron. If that happened I’m pretty sure that even the senior citizens in New Orleans might burn the city down. 

Burn the city down for Mark Ingram? 

I can only imagine what kicking out Drew Brees would provoke...

Archived