Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

16 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

So, any news on Kenny Vaccaro? I figured he'd be a mid tier name that would generate interested...

The safety class as a whole has been pretty weird in free agency. Lots of guys still available. And the guys who have signed signed late and for cheap.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

The safety class as a whole has been pretty weird in free agency. Lots of guys still available. And the guys who have signed signed late and for cheap.

Yeah, Honey Badger made a comment about two weeks ago that safeties have to play lights out to get a respectable offer these days, and he's not wrong. Almost no safety is really looking forward to being a free agent these days.

Apparently the OBJ / 49ers thing does in fact have some legs according to middlekauf. My guess is if they are in some way able to make a deal for him, it'll be during the draft if the 49ers move down and grab more capital

2 hours ago, TheChancellor said:

Yeah, Honey Badger made a comment about two weeks ago that safeties have to play lights out to get a respectable offer these days, and he's not wrong. Almost no safety is really looking forward to being a free agent these days.

Why is that? I feel like in this passing league a good FS is very important and not that easy to find. The last line of defense should be seen as very important and their shelf life isn't short like a RB

23 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why is that? I feel like in this passing league a good FS is very important and not that easy to find. The last line of defense should be seen as very important and their shelf life isn't short like a RB

Yeah it's bizarre that safeties seem to be devalued. I value safeties extremely high, but I do think that you need to find a STUD there to make the value match up. There are much less valuable positions than FS/SS.

17 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah it's bizarre that safeties seem to be devalued. I value safeties extremely high, but I do think that you need to find a STUD there to make the value match up. There are much less valuable positions than FS/SS.

It's always been that way. It's why Safeties also have a hard time making the HOF. Completely overlooked and undervalued. It's almost comical to watch the difference from having one and not.

Ala Post Dawk .....until.... Jenkins

20 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

So, any news on Kenny Vaccaro? I figured he'd be a mid tier name that would generate interested...

Yeah very odd. He wasn't great in New Orleans but he was pretty good and flashed high level play. You'd think we would've at least heard about visits or interest from teams. All his Instagram posts are him training and on vacation so he doesn't seem to be sweating it much...

18 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

First line of defense > last line of defense

5 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

First line of defense > last line of defense

Which is what the market would suggest, but a great pass rusher shouldn't earn a lot more than a great safety. Safeties don't often have the chance to be as flashy, but they damn sure control a large area of the field and passing lanes.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Man the more we read about Guerrero and the TB12 system the more it looks like he will be the wedge between BB and Brady, now Gronk.

Gruden is a comin calling and the Pats will be moving Gronk to the Raiders for a first round pick.

On 07/04/2018 at 8:57 PM, Forge said:

Apparently the OBJ / 49ers thing does in fact have some legs according to middlekauf. My guess is if they are in some way able to make a deal for him, it'll be during the draft if the 49ers move down and grab more capital

Are you giving up two firsts and an extension?

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

Are you giving up two firsts and an extension?

I don't think the extension would be an issue, but I don't see any way in which we meet the asking price to be honest. But supposedly the interest is real - and not just from the clown known as JLC. If it were a first and an early / mid round, then maybe a I could see it. A 1 and a 2 or a 1 and a 3, but I don't know why the Giants would even entertain that. I wouldn't if I were them. There's absolutely no reason to sell low on him. 

Archived