Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

5 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Wait...I JUST saw Ditch's posts.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTD--ZQV4DsKSZ8rOn3_94

Say it aint so DITCH?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!

I just can't. Can't buy gas at Pilot, can't root for the Browns anymore.

I can post here, because I can relate to your misery, but I won't indulge in it myself anymore.

19 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I can't wait to see what happens to this forum when people realize it was with Scot McCloughan in terms of the person he was drinking and partying all night with...they both showed up to the morning meeting drunk.... I'm actually the one that told @MistaBohmbastic this rumor.

Who's the source you ask? Let's just say that I once again put it on the line for the love of the game, team, and country. I followed Baker once he touched down in Cleveland using my Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalists skills. As night began to fall, I knew that I'd have to go more incognito .... so I dressed in.....(I'm sorry...it's still hard to speak of at the moment... I did it for the game) a certain "person of the night garb" so I could once again go undetected...:

It was a rough night....

200.gif#5-grid1

h7DAUs.gif

Scot, Bake, and I shared everything...we cried, we wept, we drank.... I can't say what exactly happened after that.... But I awoke to a note on the nightstand in what must've been Scot McCloughan's handwriting that said "Leader of Men...Little-Big Favre At #1 No Matter What..."

I sent my full report including DNA samples and photography (I hope Scot and Baker can forgive me) to Browns HQ with the ATTN to John Dorsey...

A source inside the building told me that he took one look at the evidence and shredded it up right before his meeting with Hue... WHY DIDN'T I SEND IT TO HUE AND JIMMY AS WELL????

All is lost... since then... there are men in Black Ties trailing me wherever I go.... I fear that they will silence me....

Before they can I have ONE MORE HUGE NEWS BOMB TO DROP... at night Scot said that at number 4 overall the Browns will select none other than dfaljl;laj df

Mind Charater is fine. Please disregard everything he said above. This is 100% Mind Character typing this and not one of the suited black tie guys following him to silence the info he had on Baker. I, Mind Character, am such a jokster. Carry on with your draft talk. By the way, I've come to realize that Baker Mayfield is actually much better than Sam Darnold. As such I will be thrilled when Baker's name is called number 1 and so should all of you. Great! Until the next time fellow posters on the online forum. P.S. I might not be on for a while like a long long while.

19 hours ago, Mind Character said:

The wildest thing is... Jimmy Haslam might end up saving this thing... assuming the coaches make their case for Darnold and key FO guy's side with Baker...both report directly to Jimmy and Dee...the Manziel experience may have spurned Haslam enough to where he sides with the cleanest guy off the field.., or maybe Dee is the voice of reason who decides the consensus in the NFL community is that if we don't go Darnold then we're crazy .....so we go Darnold...

I'll take it.

19 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Question if we trade down with the bills after taking Darnold and we’re sitting at 12 and barkelys there at 6 would you trade up for him. 

If we trade to 12... I'm staying there and taking the best CB in the Draft: Mike Hughes CB UCF.

My Wish list at 12 would be the following:

1. Mike Hughes CB UCF: Best CB in the draft...instant pro-bowler

2. Roquan Smith LB Georgia: Best leader in the draft a la Jamal Adams last year, plays with his head on fire, elite instincts, quickness...too good to pass up even though not a need.

3. Tremaine Edmunds LB Virginia Tech: Again, not a need, but too good to pass up... sideline to sideline ability is crazy. Will be 19 on draft day...burst, versatility in the rush is crazy.

4. DJ Moore WR Maryland: Best WR in the draft... has top 10 WR in the league ability... can be a number 1. Route running elusiveness is nasty with speed to burn...

5. Mike McGlinchey LT Notre Dame: If they believe he's the answer longterm at LT...take him as he's the Best LT in the draft.

If we had 12 and 22... my dream scenario would be Mike Hughes CB at 12 and DJ Moore WR at 22.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

I can't wait to see what happens to this forum when people realize it was with Scot McCloughan in terms of the person he was drinking and partying all night with...they both showed up to the morning meeting drunk.... I'm actually the one that told @MistaBohmbastic this rumor.

Who's the source you ask? Let's just say that I once again put it on the line for the love of the game, team, and country. I followed Baker once he touched down in Cleveland using my Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalists skills. As night began to fall, I knew that I'd have to go more incognito .... so I dressed in.....(I'm sorry...it's still hard to speak of at the moment... I did it for the game) a certain "person of the night garb" so I could once again go undetected...:

It was a rough night....

200.gif#5-grid1

h7DAUs.gif

Scot, Bake, and I shared everything...we cried, we wept, we drank.... I can't say what exactly happened after that.... But I awoke to a note on the nightstand in what must've been Scot McCloughan's handwriting that said "Leader of Men...Little-Big Favre At #1 No Matter What..."

I sent my full report including DNA samples and photography (I hope Scot and Baker can forgive me) to Browns HQ with the ATTN to John Dorsey...

A source inside the building told me that he took one look at the evidence and shredded it up right before his meeting with Hue... WHY DIDN'T I SEND IT TO HUE AND JIMMY AS WELL????

All is lost... since then... there are men in Black Ties trailing me wherever I go.... I fear that they will silence me....

Before they can I have ONE MORE HUGE NEWS BOMB TO DROP... at night Scot said that at number 4 overall the Browns will select none other than dfaljl;laj df

I'm not sure I'm reading for comprehension (I only had a 3.9 cumulative in my core classes for my English major), but what I got out of this was a lot of words and that you blew Scot McLoughan.

Something I like to keep in mind with selecting a QB is the lesson of the 2014 draft. There was a strong debate between Bortles, Teddy B, and JFF as to who was the best QB candidate. But the best guy in makeup, work ethic, and head and shoulders above the rest with the X's and O's was Carr. Carr is easily the top QB from that class. Neck up means the most to me.

The two guys who have dominated the X's and O's this year, as far as I've been seeing, are Rosen and Baker.

12 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Something I like to keep in mind with selecting a QB is the lesson of the 2014 draft. There was a strong debate between Bortles, Teddy B, and JFF as to who was the best QB candidate. But the best guy in makeup, work ethic, and head and shoulders above the rest with the X's and O's was Carr. Carr is easily the top QB from that class. Neck up means the most to me.

The two guys who have dominated the X's and O's this year, as far as I've been seeing, are Rosen and Baker.

Thats my theory as well. All of these guys have good arms and can throw. Its time to focus on who is the best guy who can come in and win mentally. The last thing I want is another young QB who cant recognize defenses

If we trade to 12... I'm staying there and taking the best CB in the Draft: Mike Hughes CB UCF.

2. Roquan Smith LB Georgia: Best leader in the draft a la Jamal Adams last year, plays with his head on fire, elite instincts, quickness...too good to pass up even though not a need.

3. Tremaine Edmunds LB Virginia Tech: Again, not a need, but too good to pass up... sideline to sideline ability is crazy. Will be 19 on draft day...burst, versatility in the rush is crazy.

4. DJ Moore WR Maryland: Best WR in the draft... has top 10 WR in the league ability... can be a number 1. Route running elusiveness is nasty with speed to burn...

5. Mike McGlinchey LT Notre Dame: If they believe he's the answer longterm at LT...take him as he's the Best LT in the draft.

If we had 12 and 22... my dream scenario would be Mike Hughes CB at 12 and DJ Moore WR at 22.

You really think DJ Moore is that good? I think he is better than Calvin Ridley but honestly I don't see a Top 10 WR in the NFL. I cannot remember many plays that made me think WOW. The only receiver in this draft that can make you say WOW is Anthony Miller. I suppose at #22 Moore wouldn't be a bad selection or anything. For all his crazy elite testing numbers I just never saw many explosive plays that got me excited.

38 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

That would be Darnold ?

8 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

You really think DJ Moore is that good? I think he is better than Calvin Ridley but honestly I don't see a Top 10 WR in the NFL. I cannot remember many plays that made me think WOW. The only receiver in this draft that can make you say WOW is Anthony Miller. I suppose at #22 Moore wouldn't be a bad selection or anything. For all his crazy elite testing numbers I just never saw many explosive plays that got me excited.

Every draft analyst analytic metrics guy I follow on Twitter thinks DJ Moore is the best thing in the world. They have him rated as a top 10 player in this draft and really think he is going to become Steve Smith reincarnated.

DJ Moore is supposedly a metrics guys wet dream

You overestimate Hughes and Moore both tremendously. 

Just now, NateDawg said:

You overestimate Hughes and Moore both tremendously. 

I'm not sold on Moore, I think separation is an issue for him. But Hughes would have been a no-doubt-about-it first rounder if not for his off the field concerns. In terms of skill and upside, he's right up there with Ward and Alexander.

Archived