2018 Vikings Draft Prospects - Offensive Line

swede700

21 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Given Zim and Rick were both at the OSU pro day talking to Billy Price, I'm feeling he has to be the front runner for the pick at #30 (or a trade back into the 2nd). It just makes too much sense give the need at IOL and already having Elflein

I think you’re going to be able to get Price at 62. 

Elflein was given the same late 1st/early 2nd grading last year, yet he went in the 3rd. And Elflein was a better prospect than Price, and this year’s IOL class is much deeper than last year’s. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Elflein was given the same late 1st/early 2nd grading last year, yet he went in the 3rd. And Elflein was a better prospect than Price, and this year’s IOL class is much deeper than last year’s. 

Hopefully! A combo of McGlinchey and Price would be awesome. 

Also, how do we collectively feel about Kolton Miller?

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Our 1st + 3rd is worth roughly a move up to 24. 

Would you be opposed to such a move to secure a player like Connor Williams or Mike McGlinchey? 

A starting RT (or LT) for a first and a third? I'd do that....assuming they really belive. I have no idea, not having watched one moment of college ball this year, other than a game or two that were on in bars...

45 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

I wouldn't mind Miller... but not where he's being slated to be drafted. I wouldn't take as big a project as he is near the end of the first as he's currently being projected.

I wouldn't do Miller in round 1. Mike McGlinchey if available at #30

52 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The RB class seemed to push prospects down the draft board last year.  I am not sure that happens this year.  I mean Forest Lamp would normally goes higher than he did last year.

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Our 1st + 3rd is worth roughly a move up to 24. 

Would you be opposed to such a move to secure a player like Connor Williams or Mike McGlinchey? 

If both Connor Williams & Mike McGlinchey is available at #24 ... I would wait and pick who is left at #30 ... and keep that 3rd rounder.

I wouldn't take Billy Price in round 1, if he is there in round 2 sure.

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Orlando Brown has a thick red line though his name on my board. Wouldn’t even want him as an UDFA. 

I wouldn’t exactly go that far to the point of UDFA.

You would be taking a shot at a guy in preseason basically giving a guy a shot that has 1st or 2nd round talent according to tape. 

You would be basically paying a guy minimum wage for a $30 an hour job. 

Worst comes to worst he just doesn’t make the team if he proves to be “lazy” while in the system.

but in the shape of things, Brown won’t end up being an UDFA.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Huh? Most had Pat as a late 2nd early 3rd.

After his combine it basically all fell to 3rds.

Elfein was never a real solid guard while being an All American.. Price had played above average at both guard and center. Both are Remington award winners.

Id feel pretty safe saying Price’s combine numbers probably would have been much better than Elfeins. 

What’s going to hurt Price is this Pec issue. We will see if it will end up being something that can come back up in the future. 

I have no interest in trading up this year at all.  I think that if one of the top OT’s falls to 30 then we can stay there and take them otherwise I would prefer to trade back and acquire more picks.  There is a ton of talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year so I’d rather get an extra pick or two.

Archived