2018 Vikings Draft Prospects - Offensive Line

swede700

10 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Whose on your OL "no list" (at #30)?

Mine: Miller

I’m amazed you have him this high. His tape is basically junk. Honestly TJ Clemmings project bad. He just tested through the roof. Before the combine I had him as a 3rd rounder just because I knew he would test well and was going to be athletic as a former TE. Still did way more than I expected... still not even close to a Rd 1 type guy for me.

1 hour ago, NoDakViking said:

I'd be all for Hernandez at #30.  Maybe on Price, no for Miller and Ragnow

I think I'd be fine with Ragnow at 30. Seems like a safe pick. It would remind me of the Travis Fredrick pick for the Cowboys years ago.

I'm not a fan of trading back & out of the 1st round... if an OL player I like is not available at #30 ... I'm selecting the BPA of the remaining players that could see +40% snaps this year (especially towards the end of the year) and could be a potential starter next year. I don't want to move out of the 1st round.

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I'm not a fan of trading back & out of the 1st round... if an OL player I like is not available at #30 ... I'm selecting the BPA of the remaining players that could see +40% snaps this year (especially towards the end of the year) and could be a potential starter next year. I don't want to move out of the 1st round.

But what if an OL player that you like is still available, but will also still be available 5-10 picks later?  I don’t understand your reasoning because it is very likely there will not be 1 single best player available at 30, but there may instead be a handful of players that are all very similarly talented.  This draft is has a very deep pool of players that are late 1st to 2nd round talents.

If a player you like is available, you draft them. You can’t guarantee that the player you like will be there 5-10 picks later. You don’t take that chance. 

The Vikings tried to get cute in 2010, and they missed out on the guy many were linking to them in Patrick Robinson. 

1 hour ago, Kparty15 said:

But what if an OL player that you like is still available, but will also still be available 5-10 picks later?  I don’t understand your reasoning because it is very likely there will not be 1 single best player available at 30, but there may instead be a handful of players that are all very similarly talented.  This draft is has a very deep pool of players that are late 1st to 2nd round talents.

The main reasoning that can be brought up is Rick Spielman has shown to be a GM who  likes to have the fifth year option to keep a player for that extra year and there has been no real proof that he would pass up on it.

23 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If a player you like is available, you draft them. You can’t guarantee that the player you like will be there 5-10 picks later. You don’t take that chance. 

The Vikings tried to get cute in 2010, and they missed out on the guy many were linking to them in Patrick Robinson. 

Patrick Robinson hasn’t been anything special.  I remember hearing that we were targeting Tebow that year.

You’re right you can’t guarantee that the player you like will be there, but the point that I’m trying to make is that there might be multiple players that the team likes.  There’s a possibility that the majority of Daniels, Wynn, Hernandez, Price, Ragnow, etc are all there at our pick.  

Archived