The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

Solid day for us. Upset about Jean-Baptiste. Apparently he called Frost and company in the morning and claimed he was committing to them only to fax his LOI to OSU while they waited. 

Still, Caleb Tannor and Maurice Washington are a great way to close things out. Class rose all the way up to 22 and would have been higher had one of our commits been able to qualify. A big change from where we were in December.

Next up is our sold out spring game. Recruiting for a full year will be interesting to see.

2 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Olaijah Griffin

Solo Tuliaupupu 

Devon Williams

Isaac Taylor Stuart 

An absolute home run of a day for us, Penei Sewell is the only one we left on the table, would've liked to see him come but understand why Oregon was a draw. Either way, Fight On!

Not a bad jump at all

17 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

Upset about Jean-Baptiste. Apparently he called Frost and company in the morning and claimed he was committing to them only to fax his LOI to OSU while they waited. 

From my understanding, he was set to sign with Nebraska. When his school closed due to weather and he pushed his announcement back, he started talking to his parents more and decided on Ohio State.

What I don't understand, with kids like these who really aren't sure about where to go, why sign on NSD? They have to know they don't have to, right? Take some more time to think it out.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Adam21 said:

From my understanding, he was set to sign with Nebraska. When his school closed due to weather and he pushed his announcement back, he started talking to his parents more and decided on Ohio State.

What I don't understand, with kids like these who really aren't sure about where to go, why sign on NSD? They have to know they don't have to, right? Take some more time to think it out.

I also kinda believe when it comes to crunch time and you have to make a decision, you tend to make the smart/more  instinctive decision. If he had his mind set on one school and it was able to change in a couple of hours, that might of not been what he really wanted. Also during that time, the news of Schiano choosing to stay at tOSU might of broke too or at least was made public.so it couldn’t of been a Schiano talking out the side of his mouth like Drayton did a couple of years ago when he stayed on staff long enough to get Weber signed and than left for the bears. 

On 2/9/2018 at 9:28 AM, buno67 said:

I also kinda believe when it comes to crunch time and you have to make a decision, you tend to make the smart/more  instinctive decision. If he had his mind set on one school and it was able to change in a couple of hours, that might of not been what he really wanted. Also during that time, the news of Schiano choosing to stay at tOSU might of broke too or at least was made public.so it couldn’t of been a Schiano talking out the side of his mouth like Drayton did a couple of years ago when he stayed on staff long enough to get Weber signed and than left for the bears. 

The thing is it was well known he didn’t have a decision at all. He told Nebraska and VaTech he was heading there way in the span of about 12hours. Kid didn’t have a real plan.

Nothing to be upset about though. He’s a year away either way and we still nabbed Tannor.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LuckIsGOAT said:

I think he'll be good you guys

We really need bodies at the position since they're likely getting sacked a million times next year. Our OL will be awful again and Trey Smith, one of the best LTs last year, might never play football again due to health concerns.... 

I expect he or Jarrett Guarantano will start.