Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

2 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-release-10-players/7c2c22f0-17fa-4a0d-873e-a35187f70462 

Here is the full list of the other 8 guys to get the axe. It is a who's who of 0-16 goodness. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

It’s a who’s who of “who is that?”

A bunch of nobodies.

24 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Dumb. He was cheap depth.

Cheap veteran who was honestly probably the best CB on our roster. Bad move. We had plenty of money, and he had an expiring contract after the year. Seems like the good ol’ boy system here. Dorsey brought in his guys yesterday and has an excuse to cut loose McCourty. 

28 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Dumb. He was cheap depth.

Maybe, he dropped off at the end of the year and the browns have depth right now IMO. Depth will get deeper because I really want them to get Ward or Jackson 

Jason Mccourty was good in 4 games this year and made a few good PDs in two other games after having a bad game.

He was terrible in man to man, but serviceable in zone.

He wasn't the resurging great veteran player that people made him out to be as well as the the PFF metrics made him out to be.

He clearly played through injury in 4-5 games when I went back and watched his cutups in 9 games.

This is not a big loss as will be discussed by Browns fans.

A boundary CB that can only play in zone that gets beat over the top and makes situational football mistakes has already been upgraded on with by new CB Terrance Mitchell.

PFF says one was a god and the other was meh, but the truth is in terms of their game in terms of disruption from a traditional scouting analysis perspective it is clear that Mitchell was a more effective, disruptive, and impactful player (and that's just in the limited and 5 game cutups I watched on NFL films).

Mitchell is more instinctive and more likely to make the play on third down.

Carrie is the nickel guy.

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

My buddy and I were talking about this yesterday

with Howard Wilson, Mitchell, Carrie, BBC, and we’ll probably draft 2 corners one high one later

we weren’t going to have room for Mccourty 

That’s fine, make those guys actually beat him out though.

He was due like 3 million or something and has experience playing FS as well.

LIS, I think was more about his comments than his play.

Archived