Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

MM (or someone) posted that in an article in the athletic...I found it damn depressing and figured (well hoped), that it had to be wrong lol

To be fair, Davis wasn't a bad corner at all. Definitely had some solid years. 

Our best two corners since that time have been Sanders/Sherman...Two FA additions. Heck, throw in Rogers who had a pro bowl year the first season here. The best bet could have been Culliver but he left after his rookie deal was up and proceeded to have horrible injury luck before exiting the league. 

Shawntae Spencer was inconsistent but had a good season or two, same with Ahmed Plummer. 

Tarell Brown developed into a solid corner from being a late round pick. But definitely not better than Davis.

Witherspoon has the potential to get to that level but needs to take a big step next season. 

But yeah, fair to say we haven't been the best at drafting and developing corners lol.

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

To be fair, Davis wasn't a bad corner at all. Definitely had some solid years. 

Our best two corners since that time have been Sanders/Sherman...Two FA additions. Heck, throw in Rogers who had a pro bowl year the first season here. The best bet could have been Culliver but he left after his rookie deal was up and proceeded to have horrible injury luck before exiting the league. 

Shawntae Spencer was inconsistent but had a good season or two, same with Ahmed Plummer. 

Tarell Brown developed into a solid corner from being a late round pick. But definitely not better than Davis.

Witherspoon has the potential to get to that level but needs to take a big step next season. 

But yeah, fair to say we haven't been the best at drafting and developing corners lol.

Such blatant disrespect for Walt Harris going on here!

We have two defensive linemen who are 6'7", 6'8", and we managed to bat down all of 5 passes the entire year (and I think 2 of them were in one game). How in the world does that work? 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

We have two defensive linemen who are 6'7", 6'8", and we managed to bat down all of 5 passes the entire year (and I think 2 of them were in one game). How in the world does that work? 

We didn't play Beathard. 

But to be serious i don't think they are not looking to put their hands up when they don't beat their man. I feel i never see Buckner or Armstead jump up or throw their hands up when they don't get there.

• Like 2

Just now, Justone2 said:

We didn't play Beathard. 

But to be serious i don't think they are not looking to put their hands up when they don't beat their man. I feel i never see Buckner or Armstead jump up or throw their hands up when they don't get there.

Man I miss Tomsula :(