Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

5 hours ago, Forge said:

I still think the Bibbs trade was just a favor to Elway. I think that they were at their max roster limit midway through the draft if I remember right, and needed to shed some roster spots. So Bibbs plus pushing out one pick untnil the following year got them there. I'm pretty sure that's what I read on the Bronco forum last year, but I have no idea how valid it is. 

I think you are right on. One of the reasons I've always criticized this trade, aside of course from the fact that Bibbs was never worth a big trade down, was that I always thought it was influenced by Luych's relationship with Denver, and that maybe he even made a trade with them that he might not have made with other teams just because of his former relationship with them.

"on Sunday, if you are a Patriots fan, you are feeling good. On Monday, if you are a niners fan, you are feeling GREAT" - Mike Silver on 95.7 on Friday 

Pure elation. Unimpeded bliss. Infinite hope. 

Edited by N4L

Well, Owens got in. Looking forward to his HOF speech, and if he nuts on the Niners. He'll probably thank his teammates that he played with at the time, and that is as far as it will go. Not the organization though. I'm guessing he goes in as an Eagle. 

Edited by PapaShogun

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Well, Owens got in. Looking forward to his HOF speech, and if he nuts on the Niners. He'll probably thank his teammates that he played with at the time, and that is as far as it will go. Not the organization though. I'm guessing he goes in as an Eagle. 

I know people here dont like Nolan, he is probably the top of the most hated list of HC here.  For me it is Moch, he coached like he didnt have a set between his legs.  I am not a TO fanboi but I sincerely believe that Moch is responsible for the downward spiral of TO, Owens is an emotional player and Moch didnt know how to lead the team.  I still dont understand the benching of Owens after his Dallas star celebration, our whole team should take a hot steamy dump on that star as far as I am concerned.

I know that there are other issues of our decline of the dynasty but Moch gets a pass on how terrible a coach he is.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

http://bleacherreport.com/post/san-francisco-49ers/23c93bd4-0a5d-4d58-b0dd-9ff37626d2f9?share=other

I don't know much about him other than him being Lane's brother. From all indications he did very well with that UCF defense.

Via reddit. Take it with a grain of salt of course.

He use to be the Ole Miss (school I go to) defensive line coach. His players always produced here. I didn't follow FAU much but Chris Kiffin is a good guy in general and should be good for you guys.

Fun fact: The NCAA investigated him for letting a player sleep on his couch while said players parents were going through a divorce.

10 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Via reddit. Take it with a grain of salt of course.

Helping a kid... what a terrible human being!

P.S. I just noticed who I quoted, just want to let you know it had nothing to do with our Foster discussion in the other thread. ;) Have a good day, Papa!

Edited by rudyZ

According to PFF, Carlos Hyde had the worst blocking of any running back last year with enough attempts to qualify. Also the worst hands with nine dropped passes. 

His #52 overall ranking lists him as a "poor" player by their metrics. 

Edited by PapaShogun

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

According to PFF, Carlos Hyde had the worst blocking of any running back last year with enough attempts to qualify. Also the worst hands with nine dropped passes. 

His #52 overall ranking lists him as a "poor" player by their metrics. 

Our running backs were actually quite horrid in the pass game. Hyde had those 9 and I think breida added another 6 

• Like 1