Robert Quinn to Miami

Brian23

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Where is Miami getting the money for this? They may as well rescind the tag on Landry...not sure why anyone would give them anything as good as the comp pick now v

It just guarantees that Suh is no longer with the team.

4 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

It just guarantees that Suh is no longer with the team.

My question is Wake.  Which I supposed comes down to how many snaps he played last season, doesn't it?  Didn't his 2017 extension carry a clause that stated the full $18 million guaranteed (which basically meant another $7m in guarantees) if he played 55% of the snaps last season?

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not much of a help though - only saves them 4 million 

For 2018.  Lots of restructures can be done to clear room this year and take up the huge space saved in 2019-2021 without Suh there.

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

My question is Wake.  Which I supposed comes down to how many snaps he played last season, doesn't it?  Didn't his 2017 extension carry a clause that stated the full $18 million guaranteed (which basically meant another $7m in guarantees) if he played 55% of the snaps last season?

I don't recall seeing that when he was extended, but it's certainly possible.  Tough to see Wake being cut, but his snaps will definitely be fewer with Quinn on board.

Dolphins have significant investments in DE. Wake ain't cheap, they re-signed Branch last offseason, they just spent a 1st on Charles Harris, and now have traded for Quinn. They have $28m in cap tied up in Suh and they spent two mid-round picks on DT last year (Godcheaux and Taylor) and a 2nd in 2015 (Phillips).

No way all these DL are on the squad to open FA... right? right??

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Dolphins have significant investments in DE. Wake ain't cheap, they re-signed Branch last offseason, they just spent a 1st on Charles Harris, and now have traded for Quinn. They have $28m in cap tied up in Suh and they spent two mid-round picks on DT last year (Godcheaux and Taylor) and a 2nd in 2015 (Phillips).

No way all these DL are on the squad to open FA... right? right??

I would guess they will try to move branch

9 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

Post a post June 1 cut gives us about 17 I think,

Ahh, okay, that makes more sense. I hope they go that route rather than the restructures - I'm not a big fan of restructuring guys. 

Archived