Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

100%! Glad we agree on Falconer. Some DBZ fans, especially “Gen Z” prefer the Japanese music. I have watched the show with the Japanese music and it’s 10000x worse. Every moment that is suppose to be intense, feels emotionless and bland. 

My brother watched all of DBZ on Funimation. I found out after the fact that it wasn't Falconer music. I played him one scene.

He was shocked at how much more intense that was than anything he watched.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

My brother watched all of DBZ on Funimation. I found out after the fact that it wasn't Falconer music. I played him one scene.

He was shocked at how much more intense that was than anything he watched.

Great scene. And yeah, ima get the Dragon Boxes on eBay at some point, no matter how much I have to pay, and my future children watch that version. 

Funimation no longer has Falconer copyright, that’s why it’s Japanese music on Funimation. 

Edited by BayRaider

5 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Recently got into Anime more. I started with Full Metal Brotherood and absolutely loved it, finished AoT as well and loved it. I started Demon Slayer recently what would be a good one after that? 

What do you like? Those are all shonen with some edge. Jujutsu Kaisen is up that ally. Death Note and S1 Promised Neverland are darker shows. If you simply want action and don't care if it's dark then My Hero Academia, and Seven Deadly Sins are great.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Recently got into Anime more. I started with Full Metal Brotherood and absolutely loved it, finished AoT as well and loved it. I started Demon Slayer recently what would be a good one after that? 

Basically into my style. After Demon Slayer, JuJutsu Kaisen is a good one and similar to Demon Slayer. 

If you don’t care if the anime is more kid friendly oriented then My Hero Academia and Black Clover are really good. You also have to get use to anime introduction periods, unlike AoT, Full Metal, and Demon Slayer which are good right off the bat. My Hero’s first 6 episodes are not great and Black Clover’s first 25 episodes are not great. Both pick up a lot after that though and are very good and very entertaining. Black Clover is now up to the 500th Ranked anime but it should be Top 120 at least. It was 2500 originally after being mass-downvoted by Naruto fans for being a bit similar. It is probably going to be a long-running 400 episode anime, so the first 25 episodes are not a deal breaker. 

Here is also a great resource for Top Anime: https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php

As you can see, you’ve already watched Full Metal and Attack on Titan which are ranked 1 and 2. 

Another great anime and more adult oriented that is extremely popular is Death Note. Probably still in my Top 5-6 til this day. It has no action, but it’s non-stop suspense and thriller, and a very intelligent anime. 

For classics, I’m a huge DBZ fan which are similar to the animes you like. Just make sure you watch it with the Falconer soundtrack that Funimation used, and not the Japanese soundtrack. The only way to do that though would be to use an illegal stream site or buy the orange box DVD’s or Dragon Box DVD’s. The most current Blu Rays are only the Japanese music, and the streaming on Funimation is only Japanese music as well, since they lost the Falconer copyright a while back. 

More classics include Cowboy Bebop and Trigun, two cult classics and solid animes. 

Another one similar to DBZ is Yu Yu Hakusho. 

You have probably seen most of these old ones though. 

Made a list back in November or so, a little different now. Have seen about 60-65 animes over the past 25 years (majority recent). Although that doesn’t compare to some power users which I’m sure have seen 200 or even 300+. 

1. Dragon Ball Z w/ Falconer Soundtrack

Japanese soundtrack makes every moment way more dull, and I usually love Japanese soundtracks. Attack on Titan and Demon Slayer soundtracks are God Tier, especially Attack on Titan. But Falconer’s soundtrack is legendary, absolutely legendary. 

Also, DBZ probably isn’t on most people’s list, but I only take into account my own entertainment while watching. 

2) Attack on Titan

3) Demon Slayer

Would be #4 behind FMB without the movie, but god damn that movie was epic.

4) Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

5) Death Note

6) Black Clover

7) My Hero Academia

8 ) Cowboy Bebop

9) Yu Yu Hakusho

10) Trigun

11) Jujutsu Kaisen (certainly has Top 5 potential though, but this is where I rank it after one season)

12) Erased

13) Monster (haven’t finished it yet though… probably Top 10 once I do. Warning though, super slow burn). 

14) G Gundamn

15) Black Lagoon

16) Dragon Ball Super

Unfortunately Super became much more kid oriented than original Dragon Ball Z. They also made Goku a doofus x10. He was always goofy, but when it came to fight he was always dead-serious and turned into a badass. In Super, he’s never really serious, and even if the whole Universe is about to die, dude is still laughing. However… besides that complaint, still very fun and entertaining. 

17) Rurouni Kenshin 

18) Reincarnated as a Slime

Just a fun anime, definitely don’t take it too serious. Something I like to watch while doing chores and stuff. 

I think that’s enough for now. Gonna watch Steins Gate pretty soon, have always heard solid things. 

Edited by BayRaider

On 5/12/2021 at 1:43 PM, BayRaider said:

Made a list back in November or so, a little different now. Have seen about 60-65 animes over the past 25 years (majority recent). Although that doesn’t compare to some power users which I’m sure have seen 200 or even 300+. 

1. Dragon Ball Z w/ Falconer Soundtrack

Japanese soundtrack makes every moment way more dull, and I usually love Japanese soundtracks. Attack on Titan and Demon Slayer soundtracks are God Tier, especially Attack on Titan. But Falconer’s soundtrack is legendary, absolutely legendary. 

Also, DBZ probably isn’t on most people’s list, but I only take into account my own entertainment while watching. 

2) Attack on Titan

3) Demon Slayer

Would be #4 behind FMB without the movie, but god damn that movie was epic.

4) Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

5) Death Note

6) Black Clover

7) My Hero Academia

8 ) Cowboy Bebop

9) Yu Yu Hakusho

10) Trigun

11) Jujutsu Kaisen (certainly has Top 5 potential though, but this is where I rank it after one season)

12) Erased

13) Monster (haven’t finished it yet though… probably Top 10 once I do. Warning though, super slow burn). 

14) G Gundamn

15) Black Lagoon

16) Dragon Ball Super

Unfortunately Super became much more kid oriented than original Dragon Ball Z. They also made Goku a doofus x10. He was always goofy, but when it came to fight he was always dead-serious and turned into a badass. In Super, he’s never really serious, and even if the whole Universe is about to die, dude is still laughing. However… besides that complaint, still very fun and entertaining. 

17) Rurouni Kenshin 

18) Reincarnated as a Slime

Just a fun anime, definitely don’t take it too serious. Something I like to watch while doing chores and stuff. 

I think that’s enough for now. Gonna watch Steins Gate pretty soon, have always heard solid things. 

Bleach didn't make the cut!?

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Bleach didn't make the cut!?

Never seen it. Love the netflix live action film though. I usually don’t like to watch anything with like 500 episodes. Isn’t Bleach in that range? 

I did venture into a long anime like One Piece and I absolutely hated it. Gave it about 30 episodes. Hate the characters, hate the art style, just everything really. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Never seen it. Love the netflix live action film though. I usually don’t like to watch anything with like 500 episodes. Isn’t Bleach in that range? 

I did venture into a long anime like One Piece and I absolutely hated it. Gave it about 30 episodes. Hate the characters, hate the art style, just everything really. 

the story is absolute crap, but some of the fights are dope. Zaraki Kenpachi is my favorite anime character. That live version was pretty sweet. Nowhere near as good as the Blade of the Immortal live action though.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

the story is absolute crap, but some of the fights are dope. Zaraki Kenpachi is my favorite anime character.

Always down for some good fights. Maybe I’ll look for a good anti-filler episode list. I just looked it up and it’s 366. If I could get that down to 240 I might give it a go. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Always down for some good fights. Maybe I’ll look for a good anti-filler episode list. I just looked it up and it’s 366. If I could get that down to 240 I might give it a go. 

Bleach has A LOT of filler.
I need to re-watch Trigun and see how it's aged. That was my first non-cartoon express/toonami anime.

Edited by Jeezla