The Random Thread (TAJT!)

Bianconero

On 8/11/2023 at 9:11 AM, dcat said:

Neither Becton nor Brown is a viable RT option. It would be irresponsible and incompetent for them to put all that pressure on his repaired right knee.    JD has to go get one.   It's on him now.  We have a tremendous opportunity.  Go get what the team needs most!

^This is about as wrong as I could have been.  Go Mekhi.  I'm stupid.  If this board had downvotes, I would give myself one.  Yikes. 

1 hour ago, dcat said:

^This is about as wrong as I could have been.  Go Mekhi.  I'm stupid.  If this board had downvotes, I would give myself one.  Yikes. 

Don't flog yourself just yet.  What you said is still partially true.  Lets see Mekhi get through a full season before crowning him.  We all knew he had the talent to play OT in this league, it is his health and, too a lesser degree, his immaturity that is holding him back.  If he gets through the season without a boo-boo, then you can begin the superficial self mutilations.

On 8/30/2023 at 6:26 AM, dcat said:

There's a huge tailgate happening for that game by the owner of another Jets forum.  Send me a PM if you want the info.  ALways fun and lots of out-of-towner Jets fans who read the forum are there every year.

Yeah I’d be interested. I tried to message but it won’t go through.  

How are we all boys?! Been mad busy over here with summer holidays etc so not been on much recently. Hope everyone is good and had a good summer.

Got baby number four on the way so just adding to the maddness 😜

Cant wait for Monday night. Hope this year we get to enjoy lots of W’s ❤️❤️

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This has been one of the toughest years of my life, but what keeps my head is thinking about how some fallen trees keep growing as long as they keep their roots in the ground and thinking about how beautiful the sky looks after storms. It reminds me to stay grounded. I hope everyone is doing well. Times are crazy. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2023 at 10:14 AM, rickyt31 said:

This has been one of the toughest years of my life, but what keeps my head is thinking about how some fallen trees keep growing as long as they keep their roots in the ground and thinking about how beautiful the sky looks after storms. It reminds me to stay grounded. I hope everyone is doing well. Times are crazy. 

I feel you.  I have been battling with tough stuff.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The last ten years or so we have seen many young QB's get drafted by other teams in the NFL and play well some even Great. We can't say the same thing. We blow the Geno Smith, pick, and what about our third overall pick in the NFL draft when we picked Sam Darnold, or even better how about the second overall pick in the draft when we took Zach Wilson. Even if Arron Rodgers does come back in 2024,  for one more year, then we won't have a QB for the 2025 season. Back to square again.

Our only hope is to draft a trans QB whoever he or she is it can't be any worse than the garbage who is on the roster now.