Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Trade McCarthy then.  Don't act like that was serious. 

I don't think anybody is 100% upset with trading Randall.  Even when I first read it, there was that little bit of excitement.  What did we get for him? 

Finding out it was for a QB and moving up in two rounds is what has me so upset. 

And the fact that it's our weakest position. 

It's the compensation and what we got for him that makes me so mad, not that we traded him. 

A 21 year old QB that was a top 40 pick.

granted if you don’t like him, I get it, but Rodgers is the same age Brett was when they drafted him.

GB liked Kizer, right/wrong/or indifferent, last year by all reports. They just got themselves a high QB prospect... Cleveland got a one year rental.

QB is more important than CB. The value is there. Let’s see what happens at CB. The sign Colvin then move up to draft Ward or James... the secondary doesn’t look as bad.

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

A 21 year old QB that was a top 40 pick.

granted if you don’t like him, I get it, but Rodgers is the same age Brett was when they drafted him.

GB liked Kizer, right/wrong/or indifferent, last year by all reports. They just got themselves a high QB prospect... Cleveland got a one year rental.

QB is more important than CB. The value is there. Let’s see what happens at CB. The sign Colvin then move up to draft Ward or James... the secondary doesn’t look as bad.

A top 40 pick in Cleveland could be a top 256 pick with 31 other teams in the NFL. 

I like Kizer though. Approve of this trade as long as we have a plan. Hope we go after Tru 

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd be just as upset as you, if I felt that this was the last move we were making in the defensive backfield this year.

Let's be real, legal "tampering" begins Monday, but there's been deals in place since the Combine. Trades are in motion and guys will continuously be hitting the market until Monday.

Gute knows what he has lined up.

If we go into the season with King-Rollins-Pipkins-Hawkins at CB. I'll give Norm a grand to hire a web designer for his site. Somehow I don't think that will happen.

I'm hopeful.  It's a huge risk to move one of your starting CBs for a backup QB without having something else lined up.

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Www.Gutegoat.com

www.ingutewetrust.com

www.firenorm.com

I'm thinking about acquiring all 3 of these.

I always thought you hated me but you love me don't you?

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Who in GB liked Kizer? Half of Cleveland's current FO are guys who just came from GB and they just signed off on shipping him out of town. This moves screams Mike McCarthy flexing his newfound power IMO.

Half? Two guys, Dorsey wasn’t with GB last year. And wolf has never been a draft guy....

Im sure Ted, Gutekunst, McCarthy and the area scout .

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Who in GB liked Kizer? Half of Cleveland's current FO are guys who just came from GB and they just signed off on shipping him out of town. This moves screams Mike McCarthy flexing his newfound power IMO.

They moved Kizer because they didn't want another developmental QB

They traded for Taylor who is the vet bridge QB and they'll draft a QB at the top this year. Kizer had no role

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

I'm sure I saw an article somewhere that they liked him just as much as King.

My trust and belief in McCarthy has declined in recent years and took a huge hit last season. Rodgers has been carrying this team and him for years.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm hopeful.  It's a huge risk to move one of your starting CBs for a backup QB without having something else lined up.

There's a solid chance that Gute has a wink wink deal with some agent out there.  They just got back from the combine where things tend to get discussed.

5 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

They also just traded for Tyrod Taylor so Browns still Brown.  

Archived