QB Frenzy

Shylo3716

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Here's how I see it:

We almost made it to the Super Bowl last year.  Who is available that has the best chance of getting us that far again next year?

Keenum - He had a great season, but just about everything went his way.  We probably WOULD NOT get as far with him again.

Bradford - He's better than Keenum when healthy.  Consensus = He more than likely WOULD NOT be playing by the time the playoffs come around.

Bridgewater - Higher upside than Keenum, but he hasn't played for 2 years.  We MIGHT get as far as last year with him, but very possibly would not.

Draft a rookie - Extremely unlikely that a rookie could lead a team - even a team as good as the Vikings, deep into the playoffs in his first season.  If the rookie is a bust, he sets us back for 3-5 years and wastes the opportunity we have with an otherwise very talented and complete team.  That's a huge gamble in this situation.

Cousins - Better than Keenum and about equal to a healthy Bradford.  He undoubtedly gives us the best chance to go deep into the playoffs in 2018.  Looking at it this way, he is probably the safest choice in our situation, even with the big contract.  I think the Vikings made a choice that made the most sense based on the choices that were available.

Cousins could actually be better in Minny than he was in Washington, he gets to play in a dome where the weather has zero impact on a QB, so he could have a sensational year!!!

I think it is a wonderful signing for Minny, just have to wonder if his salary will affect their ability to hold on to other stars and starters???

2 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

I doubt the QB they draft will get a year, I expect him to be starting by game 7 or 8, which has become the normal training period for a rookie QB, unless they start from day 1.

A couple of losses and the fan base will be screaming for the rookie QB and I seriously doubt Cleveland will be able to resist more than 7 or 8 games, before we see him starting. 

Typically that's the case.  I really think the move to spend a fairly high pick on Tyrod indicates that they're actually willing to stick it out with him for a year though.  The price they paid is a fairly noteworthy vote of confidence before he even hits the field as a Brown imo.  If they'd just gone ahead and signed AJ McCarron or some other total scrub, i'd have agreed that there's no chance their rookie sits for the year.  Now though...i think it's at least a possibility.  Or at least a high likelihood Tyrod lasts at least until they're officially eliminated from the playoffs or something.  He's actually good enough to win games with the right supporting cast (something Cleveland didn't do any of at all last season).  5-6 wins would be a massive step forward for them, and very possibly enough to keep the QB clamor quiet for a while at least.  Also well within Tyrod's capability.  Especially after watching a QB literally throw games away, year after year there...which Tyrod doesn't really do.

20 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm just here checking out Kirk Cousins playoff win highlights

footage-not-found.png

To be fair, you can say the same about Matt Stafford or Derek Carr.  And Stafford got paid without nearly the same amount of eyebrow raising.  Which is largely due to the Redskins painting him as nothing special - when they were the ones who decided to franchise tag him.....2 years after he offered them a 4-year / 75M contract with 44M guaranteed.   So would have been playing on a 2 year / 31M remaining deal now.   But he was the bad guy, right?

On a side note - so the QB carousel starts, and of all the guys available........raise your hands those of you that thought the guy that would get the 2nd highest salary after Cousins would be Sam Bradford?

Now...raise your hand those of you who thought if one guy was left in the cold....it would be AJ McCarron.

Those of you who thought both....go ahead and buy a lottery ticket lol.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

On a side note - so the QB carousel starts, and of all the guys available........raise your hands those of you that thought the guy that would get the 2nd highest salary after Cousins would be Sam Bradford?

Now...raise your hand those of you who thought if one guy was left in the cold....it would be AJ McCarron.

Those of you who thought both....go ahead and buy a lottery ticket lol.

I was pretty confident that someone would pay Bradford to be a starter. But not at $20 million. I'm somewhat surprised for how little Teddy signed for.

McCarron looks to be out of luck. Unless the Bills want him.

So

The Bills don't have a starting quarterback.

A.J. McCarron doesn't have a team. 

How has this not happened? 

In the game of QB musical chairs, there is one starting chair remaining and one guy still standing. 

14 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Cousins could actually be better in Minny than he was in Washington, he gets to play in a dome where the weather has zero impact on a QB, so he could have a sensational year!!!

I think it is a wonderful signing for Minny, just have to wonder if his salary will affect their ability to hold on to other stars and starters???

If some of the posters in the Vikings Forum are correct, we should be able to have Cousins and keep Diggs and most of our major pieces on defense.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

So

The Bills don't have a starting quarterback.

A.J. McCarron doesn't have a team. 

How has this not happened? 

In the game of QB musical chairs, there is one starting chair remaining and one guy still standing. 

I think it's because the Bills know they're going to draft a rookie QB in the top 5 so they want to sign a QB like Matt Moore/Josh McCown that can mentor him.

I don't think McCarron is looking for a 1 year deal and I don't know think he's the best veteran the Bills can find to help a rookie QB.

The need is there but the fit isn't imo.

Archived