The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

And he wears number 8.  And he does too many commercials.  And in 7th grade Phy Ed flag football he half covered His flags by pulling down the bottom of his TShirt.

Anyone else need some cold water dumped on their post game celebration?

🤮

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

No.  We're just talking about different things.  Obviously you can set yourself in a better situation by taking care of business early in the season.  But if we're talking about how Cousins responds pressure situations, I don't see that as a pressure situation.

How was it not a pressure situation after the bears game? Diggs was "unhappy", the media and most of the fans has turned on him and it could have got ugly quick if things didn't turn around

14 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

No.  We're just talking about different things.  Obviously you can set yourself in a better situation by taking care of business early in the season.  But if we're talking about how Cousins responds pressure situations, I don't see that as a pressure situation.

I have no issue with that particular point of the take...it's clear that he gets happy feet under pressure.  I wish he didn't, but there aren't many QBs that don't.  It's just that, thankfully, he hasn't made the egregious error under pressure that he has had a tendency to make in the past.  

20 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I don't know much about his situation but it seems like it would have been hard to raise his stock at all in college

If his play showed that he was recovered from his injuries, and he played at a high level, he could be a top-5 pick, rather than late 1st round.  Could mean millions more in an initial contract.

12 hours ago, Worm Guts said:

Ahhh the myth of the clutch gene.

4 hours ago, perrynoid said:

If his play showed that he was recovered from his injuries, and he played at a high level, he could be a top-5 pick, rather than late 1st round.  Could mean millions more in an initial contract.

I was under the impression that he was going to miss a lot of the season. I guess being able to show he's healthy at all would help

35 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I was under the impression that he was going to miss a lot of the season. I guess being able to show he's healthy at all would help

I think his recovery is going to take a while, he might not be able to practice much before the draft, if I remember the article I read today properly.  However, he might be advanced enough in his recovery that an NFL team will draft him.  I think because of the time needed to recover, he might have felt that he might not play much (or very well) and thus, have little to gain by returning to school.  Just my speculations of course.

Coming at this from another angle ... I don't think Kirk has the playing style to choke badly. He's not a creative player, he's kind of robotic in the way he plays every play, like an algorithm, following if (then) statements. He's a perfect system player, but not much of an improviser.